Why do Somali people grow beards so late compared to others?

I turned 17 in July... I don't have a singl facial hair, meanwhile my Indian and Arab friends who are younger than me have had them since they were 15..

I turned 17 in July... I don't have a singl facial hair, meanwhile my Indian and Arab friends who are younger than me have had them since they were 15..
It's all genes sxhib.

I like you didn't even get a single hair on my chin until I was 18. Meanwhile my Somali friend had a good stache/goatee combo going since he was 15.

Arabs are crazy though. I knew a arab dude in 10th grade who had a full beard, completely connected and thick

I remember shaving baby hairs under my chin nd neckarea when I was 16 so it could grow faster. It kinda worked but shit came out mad ugly kkk

Africans in general don't have a lot of body hair. I had peach fuzz at 17, couldn't grow more than a moustache until I turned 21. Even at 24 I could only grow a connected chin strap. I've had a drastic bump in growth over the last year or two alhamdulillah. I now have a fully connected beard with and my beard line and coverage is pretty decent. I'm praying for the ability to grow a lumberjack beard, even though I strongly prefer a short 7mm trim.

Keep in mind that most men continue to gain facial hair well into their 30's. Look around you and you'll notice that it's exceedingly rare for Africans to have significant facial hair at 17. Asians and Arabs are just genetically predisposed to it.

Mercury

Staff Member
The same arab and indians who get facial hair also have hairy forearms and even grow alot hair on their back id say we somalis are blessed

dr.leorio

death\emitter
"The seed that takes the longest to fertilize and grow has the greatest quality in body, mind and spirit"

-Dr Leorio

Once a young man grows a full beard and becomes a Masculine Muslim Man. That is when you're truly inevitable and strong.

I still can't grow facial hair I'm practically Chinese in the facial hair department, my younger brother has more facial hair than me but I'm taller by 4 inches, in life there are always genetic tradeoffs.

Somalis aren’t all the same. Each individual is different. Many Somalis can grow beard at that age , some have just little sprinkles and some have goatie

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Nah definitely depends what qabiil you are, MJs are hairy as fuck by the time they're 16.

Halimo Supremist

Supreme Xalimo of the South
I remember shaving baby hairs under my chin nd neckarea when I was 16 so it could grow faster. It kinda worked but shit came out mad ugly kkk
Somali guys don't use grooming products that can help. These Asian/arabs use beard oils and shampoos and some might take supplements to boost growth.

Halimo Supremist

Supreme Xalimo of the South
@Yoobudy

Try implementing a regiment for growing your beard. This step is often overlooked as people assume its 100% genetics. It should be maintained just like the hair on your head.

I used to struggle to grow my hair as I didn't have a good hair regiment. Through trail and error I have maximised my hair growth and know the products that work for me. My hair is now the longest it ever been and is still growing.

Try the same approach and you should see an improvement.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」
VIP
I got my full beard at 23. It all genes. I know guy that went from a single hair in his chin to full beard in a year.

@Yoobudy

Try implementing a regiment for growing your beard. This step is often overlooked as people assume its 100% genetics. It should be maintained just like the hair on your head.

I used to struggle to grow my hair as I didn't have a good hair regiment. Through trail and error I have maximised my hair growth and know the products that work for me. My hair is now the longest it ever been and is still growing.

Try the same approach and you should see an improvement.
This was back in my late teens. I can grow a decent beard now. I just prefer to keep a stubble, no maintenance required. Good advice though.

Trending

Latest posts