Why do Somali habyars look down on working out?

I gained a lot of weight recently and have gone from slim to thick. But my new weight doesn’t really suit me and I have love handles and a belly. It doesn’t help that I can’t even run without getting so out of breath so I decided to take action and start working out and being careful what I eat. But I’ve noticed habyars love for you to be big, I’ve had both my sil and mil tell me I’m too skinny and I need to gain weight. It’s crazy to me that people would rather you be overweight then workout and look after yourself.

a lot of people seem to forget that eating unhealthy foods means you’re likely to suffer from health issues such as diabetes and high blood pressure.

I have been working out for awhile but I have never seen any negative impact on me rather the other way round where they say is good to workout but any negative I legit ignored. Maybe it harder for female (Im a male) maybe there will be more negative on you since not many somali female workout so it will seen as anormal thing. I would say keep working out and ignore every single negative impact I promise u its not worth just keep hit the gym and you will happy. Do a small cut then go for a lean bulk there check jeff nippard he is excellent and knows what he is talking about. f*ck haters

I have been working out for awhile but I have never seen any negative impact on me rather the other way round where they say is good to workout but any negative I legit ignored. Maybe it harder for female (Im a male) maybe there will be more negative on you since not many somali female workout so it will seen as anormal thing. I would say keep working out and ignore every single negative impact I promise u its not worth just keep hit the gym and you will happy. Do a small cut then go for a lean bulk there check jeff nippard he is excellent and knows what he is talking about. f*ck haters
Thank you, I defiantly think it’s because you’re a guy that’s why they would be more supportive towards you. I know back home the ideal beauty standard for women is to be really thick and light skin, and a lot of the Somali women back home look over bleached and really big. I hardly come across Somali girls that go to the gym or they might work out for a big and eventually quit. I’m going to continue working out and ignore what they say because my health is more important

You're married? I've heard old ladies say that some weight gain makes you look more like "marwo" (a married lady). Diraacs apparently look better when you have more fat on you.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:meleshame:It's hard being thin and in shape. Men try to terrorize you with dates.

I'm not referring to going somewhere out to eat but throwing dates (the dried fruit) as a strategy to make you less toned and more flabby.

Watch out for them. They are more dangerous than the habos, especially chubby chasers.