Why do people care about late replies to text/snaps?

World

VIP
I’m not really on my phone 24/7 so my reply times are not that good, like 10 hours sometimes. But it seems that people get so annoyed that I take that long. I even had a girl I was talking to block me for taking too long like wtf ? If you urgently need to talk to me then you can call me or else I’m gonna reply when I can be bothered to.

10 hrs is lowkey taking the piss. If you're pursuing a girl and you do this regularly, you can't expect her to waste her time on you. You can't even be bothered to message her back in a timely manner.

World

VIP
10 hrs is lowkey taking the piss. If you're pursuing a girl and you do this regularly, you can't expect her to waste her time on you. You can't even be bothered to message her back in a timely manner.
Really? You think 10 hour to reply is taking the piss? Lol sometimes I even take a day because I forget to reply, but isn’t the point of texting to take your time to reply when you want to? Especially if it’s just small talk.

Really? You think 10 hour to reply is taking the piss? Lol sometimes I even take a day because I forget to reply, but isn’t the point of texting to take your time to reply when you want to? Especially if it’s just small talk.

Everyone gets busy. A normal girl wouldn't care if its once in a blue moon as adulting is hard and we have obligations ect. But if this is common behavior, then any person with self- respect would take the hint and stop messaging. The only time this would be acceptable is if you're more of a phone call type of person and you regularly call her ect. Then she'll understand that messaging isn't your strong point.

Anyways, you're 22. You're young, and you'll learn after a while this will just end up being a bit of an impediment when trying to get a girl to give you chance.

World

VIP
Everyone gets busy. A normal girl wouldn't care if its once in a blue moon as adulting is hard and we have obligations ect. But if this is common behavior, then any person with self- respect would take the hint and stop messaging. The only time this would be acceptable is if you're more of a phone call type of person and you regularly call her ect. Then she'll understand that messaging isn't your strong point.

Anyways, you're 22. You're young, and you'll learn after a while this will just end up being a bit of an impediment when trying to get a girl to give you chance.
Idk I think it’s a bit weird to care that much. One example I’ll give is this time I got a snap from a girl I was talking to, and I was out with my friends and I don’t like texting back and forth when out, I posted on my story and then later when I got home which was like 8h after, I noticed I was blocked like wtf. I asked my friend who knows her and the girl was apparently fuming that I took so long to reply and even had the nerve to post on my story lol. You don’t think that’s crazy? I think people need to relax and let people reply in their own time.

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I am super clingy if she doesnt respond in 5 minutes I get angry I am very emotional involved loool. I think I am sick.

Idk I think it’s a bit weird to care that much. One example I’ll give is this time I got a snap from a girl I was talking to, and I was out with my friends and I don’t like texting back and forth when out, I posted on my story and then later when I got home which was like 8h after, I noticed I was blocked like wtf. I asked my friend who knows her and the girl was apparently fuming that I took so long to reply and even had the nerve to post on my story lol. You don’t think that’s crazy? I think people need to relax and let people reply in their own time.

Hmm. Honestly it just depends on your level of interest. If you sincerely like a girl, you'd of replied and said 'hey i'm out, i' ll call/message tonight or tomorrow'.

It's a bit too impulsive to block a guy for replying really late once, but be honest did you do it more than once? Since men are the pursuers, women tend to be rather concerned about the level of interest a man displays through his behavior , because it is usually a very good indication as to whether the person is serious.

The worst is when they send you long essays as text messages and then they expect you to write an equally long response analyzing what they wrote like you are doing a book report.

giphy.gif

Few years ago I didn’t text a girl for 2 days cuz I had shit going on and she blocked then deleted all her accounts.

I tried so hard to get her back But she never gave me a second chance. Boy I was hurt I didn’t think texting was that serious for women 😞