Why do other somali girls stare?

lalayariis

Bad cop
I’ve notice quite often when there is a group of Somali girls I don’t know they just look at me and stare, sometimes even glare for no reason. Happened at a Somali event I went to a few nights ago and they just kept eyeing me while I was with my friends for no reason. They’re college age might I add so not old, and not FOBS either. Why do people do this? In real life I’d hate to admit it but I’m “miskeen” so I don’t do anything to provoke this imo. This also used to happen back in high school, but I knew them and they were the mean girls who hated my friends so that was understandable, although again for no reason.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’ve notice quite often when there is a group of Somali girls I don’t know they just look at me and stare, sometimes even glare for no reason. Happened at a Somali event I went to a few nights ago and they just kept eyeing me while I was with my friends for no reason. They’re college age might I add so not old, and not FOBS either. Why do people do this? In real life I’d hate to admit it but I’m “miskeen” so I don’t do anything to provoke this imo. This also used to happen back in high school, but I knew them and they were the mean girls who hated my friends so that was understandable, although again for no reason.

Well they are turn off by your tom boyishniimo

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
Smh i know what youre talking about sxb, it used to make me uncomfortable as fk, now im used to it

ZoMiAh2.jpg

lalayariis

Bad cop
Well they are turn off by your tom boyishniimo
I used to be a tomboy as a child but my Hooyo always found a way to deck me in dora without my consent. It was a fashion disaster when you hated pink but every item you owned was pink :drakewtf:

Now I dress semi formal usually button ups, wide pants or work skirts when I heading to school with minimal makeup. My casual style though is soft feminine streetwear, so think cute but trendy.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I used to be a tomboy as a child but my Hooyo always found a way to deck me in dora without my consent. It was a fashion disaster when you hated pink but every item you owned was pink :drakewtf:

Now I dress semi formal usually button ups, wide pants or work skirts when I heading to school with minimal makeup. My casual style though is soft feminine streetwear, so think cute but trendy.

So u do it for Hooyo? do u feel comfortable in them?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Somalis in general have staring problem, I stare back and they accept me as one of their own. If you don’t stare back, you will keep getting stared at

Somalis in general have staring problem, I stare back and they accept me as one of their own. If you don’t stare back, you will keep getting stared at

Do you know I remember back in 07 when I use to go to school and jump on a bus.
A somalian bus driver would say I know you then I automatically knew he is one of Abbo's meffreesh buddies. But, obivioustly I knew all along that ninkan wa iska hadaliya.

Maybe they are trying to do the silent assalamu alaykum but didn’t have enough courage to say it. At first they stare because they acknowledged you as a Somali and then you stare back with a silent smile nod or a silent assalamu alaykum and then they proceed to do the same. After that, every time you see them you do the same thing.

Trending