Why do a large some of Black-Americans generalize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
I don't know if you noticed, but a large set of Black-Americans are generalizing whites, Mexicans, Arabs, Asians and even African immigrants like Nigerians, Somalis. So, why? I don't believe a large set are Black Nationalists or Supremacists. I been seeing it lately on Twitter a lot, but this George Lopez joke made me question it.

Okay, the Mexican-American comedian made joke about Mexican parents not wanting their kids dating "blacks" and someone in the audience got offended and he told them basically to f*ck off.

So, in the comment section you see a lot of Black-Americans saying "f*ck beaners" "I hope Trump deport them" "I'm ready to build that wall" or "that's why I don't march for gay rights, Muslim ban or the wall"

As Somali-Black person, do you agree that we should charge at every non-black group? Yes, some people might dismiss them as "sjws" -- but, that's not enough. These radical people's opinions would effect us Somalis too.

George's joke:

Because the knee grows have rallied behind the causes of Africans ,Palestinians ,Jews ,gays. Lesbians ,Etc.only to realise all of these groups were using them to further causes and despise them behind close doors .i salute the kneegrows for being selfish and waking up .somalis should do the same .forget Arabs ,blm ,and focus on our own .#millitant ethhno selfishm.

Pretty sure everyone generalise mate...

Regarding your topic, it'st probably they think they have a free pass to generalise because they're black lol

VixR

Veritas
Everyone generalizes. You really think African Americans generalize especially or exclusively? You think bc they're Black they should support gay marriage, or protest the wall and so-called Muslim ban? You think it strange that experiences with these groups might affect their interest in 'stanning', or protesting in their name?

If George Lopez replaced Black with Somali, ppl on here would be cursing the water on the wetback and the beanie the beaner stole, in other words, generalizing. That's human nature.

That being said, getting offended at comedy shows is stupid. Leave your sense of offense at the door or gtfo.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
What a Trump thing to do, Mr. Lopez. Throw someone out of your show because they pissed you off.

VixR

Veritas
What a Trump thing to do, Mr. Lopez. Throw someone out of your show because they pissed you off.
Nah he has the right to throw them out. But the reaction in the comments isn't some alien spectacle like the OP makes it seem.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Nah he has the right to throw them out.

He does have the right. It's just juvenile behaviour. Something I know he criticizes Trump for a lot.

Homie lost his mind mid set like a toddler.

VixR

Veritas
He does have the right. It's just juvenile behaviour. Something I know he criticizes Trump for a lot.

Homie lost his mind mid set like a toddler.
The disruption was juvenile behavior. A performing comedian cant babysit their audience members every time someone feels a wittle microaggression. You're on the stage performing and some bruised little shit disrupts the entire gig; the delivery of the lines, everyone else's time and money.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
The disruption was juvenile behavior. A performing comedian cant babysit their audience members every time someone feels a wittle microaggression. You're on the stage performing and some bruised little shit disrupts the entire gig.

Hecklers are scum so I'm not defending the woman. But Lopez has been heckled before and I'm sure he will be heckled again. Outright insulting a group (while you own a mic and they don't) is as infantile as it gets. And then just chucking them out? Nah. He was completely triggered and his ego took a pretty transparent hit.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Because the knee grows have rallied behind the causes of Africans ,Palestinians ,Jews ,gays. Lesbians ,Etc.only to realise all of these groups were using them to further causes and despise them behind close doors .i salute the kneegrows for being selfish and waking up .somalis should do the same .forget Arabs ,blm ,and focus on our own .#millitant ethhno selfishm.
rageedi

VixR

Veritas
Hecklers are scum so I'm not defending the woman. But Lopez has been heckled before and I'm sure he will be heckled again. Outright insulting a group (while you own a mic and they don't) is as infantile as it gets. And then just chucking them out? Nah. He was completely triggered and his ego took a pretty transparent hit.
It's very obvious he got upset, but the anger was organic. It'll have some real consequences with his Black fanbase, that's for sure. George Lopez isn't funny to begin imo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts