Why divorce rate have skyrocketed?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Both men and women are not the same stock as say their grandparents, patience wears much more thin in today's marriages due to technology and womens rights.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Both men and women are not the same stock as say their grandparents, patience wears much more thin in today's marriages due to technology and womens rights.

Technology has something to do with losing patience?
1598033974339.png

TekNiKo

VIP
Technology has something to do with losing patience? View attachment 138253
You really like my Ilhan Emote I made :mjlaugh:

Yes because women have much more options in their pool of men due to social media expanding that pool. A girl in Somalia can snatch a Western man via Facebook so how a can local farah compete?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Why does it matter if you're ugly? As a Somali you can always get a arranged marriage no matter how ugly you're :mjohreally:

@Captain Hoyada don't cry when your ajinabi wife leave you:lolbron:

That's the gist of our problem. We need to ban arranged marriages and start a dhowry to make sure only the best genes get passed on.

maxresdefault.jpg

Divorce was stigmatized back then, especially for women. She would be shamed and ostracized if she left her husband. Society’s outlook on divorce has changed. If getting a divorce was easier in the past I’m sure the divorce rate would be the same as now. It’s just that they didn’t have the means to get one.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Yes because women have much more options in their pool of men due to social media expanding that pool. A girl in Somalia can snatch a Western man via Facebook so how a can local farah compete?

That is not patience tho. Its just competition game has changed. The other day i spoke to someone whose brother is in Somalia, his son wants to marry a local girl, the boy is also local,. but since he has uncles and aunts in "Yuruub" they are asking for at least $ 2000.00 for meeting with them to discuss the marriage. Mehr is separate

Mind u the father has never seen the West, nor his poor son. But by association of family in the west, suddenly the bidding has began. :)

Unfortunately, marriage isn't looking too appealing at the moment. Don't get me wrong most guys want to have kids eventually it's just on their terms. All these divorces are happening in part due to advice from older generation, it's not the same societal climate out there anymore.
The thought of getting married young seemed ideal to me at one point. Both early 20s, wifey can have a few children and then start her university education, so by the time we hit our late 30s/40s the kids are all grown up. win win really.

Divorce was stigmatized back then, especially for women. She would be shamed and ostracized if she left her husband. Society’s outlook on divorce has changed. If getting a divorce was easier in the past I’m sure the divorce rate would be the same as now. It’s just that they didn’t have the means to get one.
We should take that culture back divorce is something to be ashamed of:manny:

Abaq

VIP
Bingo. The old generation had clear defined gender roles that were respected. The men worked hard to feed their families and provide for them, and the women raised the children and took care of the household. The man was king, but did not act like a King. Garaad Wiilwaal famously said "I am the King of men but when I am home my wife is King". This is not weakness, but from the excellence of a man. The women likewise respected their husbands and did not compete with them or try to undermine them.

Nowadays you have feminism which has poisoned many girls, weak men that don't provide for their families like they should or abuse them, and lack of patience and selfishness from both parties. Western individualism/materialism and me me me mentality means people just prefer to give up instead of being patient and overlooking each other's faults. This individualism and me me me attitude is also on display in this forum with those saying divorce is better than a toxic relationship.

Yeah so most of the time it's not a persons fault for their mentality/ way of thinking, however it becomes their responsibility to fix their issues. Unless they are mad clueless and have a bunch of shitty friends who will just smile and won't point anything out

TekNiKo

VIP
Bingo. The old generation had clear defined gender roles that were respected. The men worked hard to feed their families and provide for them, and the women raised the children and took care of the household. The man was king, but did not act like a King. Garaad Wiilwaal famously said "I am the King of men but when I am home my wife is King". This is not weakness, but from the excellence of a man. The women likewise respected their husbands and did not compete with them or try to undermine them.

Nowadays you have feminism which has poisoned many girls, weak men that don't provide for their families like they should or abuse them, and lack of patience and selfishness from both parties. Western individualism/materialism and me me me mentality means people just prefer to give up instead of being patient and overlooking each other's faults. This individualism and me me me attitude is also on display in this forum with those saying divorce is better than a toxic relationship.
Exactly think about the children

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل

Why do you have her as your profile pic, you do know the things she stands for right?