Why are there so many Somali ex-muslims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Lately I keep seeing em everywhere especially online on youtube facebook reddit here aswell

Whats the reason?

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Actually there are more and more ex Muslims in general. Somali, Arab, Nigerian, Iranian, Afghan, Pakistani etc The ex Muslim community is getting bigger and bigger.

If you think about it, its kind of stupid to expect millions upon millions of people to have the exact same opinions, beliefs and outlook on life.

Bielsa

VIP
The babies born in the 2000s will have huge numbers of ex muslims. Just wait and see from 2020 and onwards you will see a lot more Somali ex Muslims. These kids have been using the internet since they were 8 or 9. YouTube and Google is right in front of them. No more one sided propaganda about how God is great and religion is awesome.

They don't agree with the faith. I know a few and they just hide that fact away from their family. A couple of them I know who did tell their parents that they aren't Muslims anymore haven't spoken to their families for years now.

Some are just comfortable online and honestly, I don't blame them.

Bielsa

VIP
They don't agree with the faith. I know a few and they just hide that fact away from their family. A couple of them I know who did tell their parents that they aren't Muslims anymore haven't spoken to their families for years now.

Some are just comfortable online and honestly, I don't blame them.

Our parents were born in an era where freedom of religion and differences of opinion was taboo. Either you conform or you get ousted. Kids who are born now are born to parents who went through Western education system, and thus are more likely to not disown their children for being godless. So we will see more Somali Atheists and agnostics in the next decade or two.

Apollo

VIP
The internet freed their mind.

Before the internet, your local social environment had massive pressures on your religious views.

I thought @Warsan_Pride lives in the Middle East. The authorities are watching you. You have guts

As for me, I am not a follower. I have my own mind. I won't be a slave. Somalis are becoming more and more atheist and agnostic. The numbers only grow by the day. Somalis, especially in the West are becoming more open and accepting to Somali atheists. This was not the case in 2010.

It's over for religion in the Somali community. The clock is ticking. I give it 25 more years til Somalis who don't believe outnumber the believers

Besides I will not follow a faith who has already condemned me to hell the moment I was born for simply being who I am.

Apollo

VIP
The babies born in the 2000s will have huge numbers of ex muslims. Just wait and see from 2020 and onwards you will see a lot more Somali ex Muslims. These kids have been using the internet since they were 8 or 9. YouTube and Google is right in front of them. No more one sided propaganda about how God is great and religion is awesome.

On the flip side, you also have a lot of nutters who get radicalized on the internet and go to Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan to fight the infidel and shit like that.

The Paris attackers used to be very Westernized (drinking, clubbing, not going to the mosque), until recently they flipped.

I thought @Warsan_Pride lives in the Middle East. The authorities are watching you. You have guts

As for me, I am not a follower. I have my own mind. I won't be a slave. Somalis are becoming more and more atheist and agnostic. The numbers only grow by the day. Somalis, especially in the West are becoming more open and accepting to Somali atheists. This was not the case in 2010.

It's over for religion in the Somali community. The clock is ticking. I give it 25 more years til Somalis who don't believe outnumber the believers

Besides I will not follow a faith who has already condemned me to hell the moment I was born for simply being who I am.
Be careful

and do not trust anyone there really I do not to hear cutting head story stay safe
cooliocooliocoolio

Kids who are born now are born to parents who went through Western education system, and thus are more likely to not disown their children for being godless.

I won't be too sure of that, even though I've seen it happen once it still made an impact on how much you can actually tell your parents. It's too risky imo.

Masaasbaa

Meticulously calculated...........

Besides I will not follow a faith who has already condemned me to hell the moment I was born
allaa alaahey naxariis badanaa, even if your since were to rich the sky all you had to do was ask for forgiveness and certainly you would have found alahay Accepting your repentance and Merciful.

Last edited:
allaa alaahey naxariis badanaa, even if your since were to rich the sky all you had to do was ask for forgiveness and certainly you would have found alahay Accepting your repentance and Merciful.

A whole chapter was dedicated to the condemnation of the likes of me. What are you talking about? Chapter 48 or was it chapter 49. Go read it

Status
Not open for further replies.