Why Are Some Illness Not Accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Does anyone know this, it could've saved me 5 years of nonsense if it was normal to take medications for mind matters, like when u break ya legs, noone skips a dose on that and it's cause it's the normal thing to do and no-one treats you funny even though they lip service 'it's ok' crap. You know deep down it's not ok and your among the most looked down upon in society even though they act like they care but they feel pity for u and pity is a shame and people don't like shame. They pity you that you lost control of yourself but hide it and lock u up among others like yourself and you stay together in hopelessness and if you recover before another relapse you can't ever speak about it or get a job even though they say it's ok but noone accepts it.

Look at the movies about mental illness, it's never a good image and if your considered among those types noone trusts u deep down and consider you a failure on yourself. Medications on mental illness has a long time to go before being accepted by patients themselves.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Look at the words people YOU NUTCASE, psycho, YOU WAALI, MAJNUN, EVERY CULTURE NIYAHOW it's one of the most disregarded among us.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You are right, we need to talk about it.

It needs to start with the public and then feed back into each home as accepted and normal cuz the public image drives what people in homes do and if their loved one is one of them that image they see will be how they also treat their child. I would possibly be chained to a tree my life wasted in some countries or in out of hospital never recovering and relapsing.

Nalle

πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
@DR OSMAN
You are great walaal, I love reading your posts, definitely one of my faves on here. :2tjlv3e: Just like you said, I think it is really important that we talk about mental health issues as it is a big thing in our community. It is sad that it is shamed and not openly talked about.
The thing is many ppl in our community don’t even acknowledge mental illness as "real" illness. Just take a look at how they treat ppl with mental health issues in Somalia, they literally get chained up because they don't know how to treat them. The idea of not being able to predict a person is quite scary for some people and when they don’t follow the social written code they automatically become the ”weird” one. Fck that man.

I think it is not accepted because unlike other illnesses it "can't" be tested, diagnosed with common medical equipment and treated as physical disease. Somalis always shout out"shay baadh ha laga qaado" to everything. smh

Every illness can't be seen with the bare eye, touched, felt etc and for some health problems such as mental health, the exact cause can't be understood in many cases. Many different things play a role.

But awareness is the key, there are many people out there, as many as 450 million people suffering from a mental or behavioural disorder in the world, can you imagine!. I don't wanna do maths right now to give you another example on how common it is in our society, in Somalia the percentage is most likely even higher.
Even here in the west it is quite recently the discussion around mental health has hit the mainstream.

We should never cast any aspersions or doubts to their very real suffering.

Also check this out, I recently came across this girl's channel on my recommendation feed, and I must say, this gotta be the most interesting video I have watched in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts