Why are Somalis scared of mentally ill people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Mental illness comes in many forms but what I’ve noticed is that if a person is mentally ill somalis are scared of that person or relatives will hide the fact that they have a family member whose mentally ill

One thing I remember back home was two guys who where knocking door to door to collect the water bill until they reached one door where the person didn’t open so they asked neighbors if they seen him they responded by saying No all we know is a crazy guy lives there

And just like that the two guys left and mumbled can you believe they sent us to collect money from a crazy guy?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Well, the mentally ill people aren't taken care of in mental care facilites/homes. Their conditions deteriorate from the stigma they face in the community.

I was also told that they're violent. So, no one is gonna trust a mental person with violent behaviours. They most likely will avoid 'em:samwelcome:

I remember some somali youths in burco running around with filthy ragged clothes. My brother threw the cigaret he smoked in the ground, and one of those kids picked it up and started smoking it. One of the locals said they were high on glue. But i also think the kid was mentally ill in some way.

Another incident i was sitting outside the house, and one middlaged guy with his dickk hanging out came and talked to me, it was so bizarre but i have a good sense of humor so i started talking to the dude while laughing and asked him to tuck his penis in. Then someone in my family told me he was mentally ill.

They don't have the right facilities for these people, and lack of education has made people ignorant of what type of attitude they should have towards the mentally ill and how to treat them.

Last edited:
I did awhile back as a child. I stayed in Hargeisa for a few months.
Walahi I may find it wiered but i asume that somalilanders are more wadani than us people from somalia. Most of the time I only witness somalilander saying i went somaliland tha somalis from somalia especially xalimos

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Well if a mentally ill person stick a folk up your left eye ball, u cant sue them. They are not well. Is best u stay away. Run like somalis run from dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts