Why are Somali women expected to do everything???

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
She did the cooking since she only knows how to cook and he did the dishes and cleaning and bringing and picking up from school. I hope you find the guy that wants you to live of his money. Cus most of us are not having it

Imagine getting married in 2K21?

:cryinglaughsmiley: :cryinglaughsmiley:

She did the cooking since she only knows how to cook and he did the dishes and cleaning and bringing and picking up from school. I hope you find the guy that wants you to live of his money. Cus most of us are not having it

They seem to have worked together which is rare in a Somali household. Women are the ones that usually do everything.

Speak for yourself. Somalis are Muslim and they will have what Allah tells them to do. No one should risk her life and health for a man that refuses to look after her.

Last edited:
If I made enough money I wouldnt mind living a traditional life, but what annoys me is some xalimos one day will say relationships should be modern and 50/50, and another day will preach for traditionalism its just so confusing. Also the shared bank account thing is weird, cadaan stuff scare me

If I made enough money I wouldnt mind living a traditional life, but what annoys me is some xalimos one day will say relationships should be modern and 50/50, and another day will preach for traditionalism its just so confusing. Also the shared bank account thing is weird, cadaan stuff scare me

Relationships can never be 50/50. Women are the ones that get exploited as we are ones that give birth which can kill us, end up going through all the physical discomforts, end up getting PND, end up being the ones who end up having no sleep, breast feeding ect, end up doing most of the cooking, cleaning and child rearing.

If the husband isn't going to fully provide or help in times when the wife needs it, why should women bother marrying? Look at all the sacrifices your mum made for you and the fam and you want a woman to do this without a man looking after her?

Relationships can never be 50/50. Women are the ones that get exploited as we are ones that give birth which can kill us, end up going through all the physical discomforts, end up getting PND, end up being the ones who end up having no sleep, breast feeding ect, end up doing most of the cooking, cleaning and child rearing.

If the husband isn't going to fully provide or help in times when the wife needs it, why should women bother marrying? Look at all the sacrifices your mum made for you and the fam and you want a woman to do this without a man looking after her?
I know and I agree with you, im just questoning the people that want 50/50 🤷‍♂️ its a bad deal

Your a strong independent women I think you can handle all of that

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Yes, so don't cry when women realise how useless some men are and then slap them with child support and divorce, because.... What do you bring to the table?
No its the other way arround. Man have realised how useless women are. Besides giving birth to a baby's or a 1 night stand what do you add to a mans life. And dont come with the emotional bullshit :mjlaugh:

No its the other way. Man have realised how useless women are. Besided a 1 night stand or giving birth to baby's what do you add to a mans life. And dont come with emotional bullshit :mjlaugh:
Let the girl vent, women are important to society more so then men, biologically men are expendable and women are not, the modern women’s cognitive dissonance as society treats her like a man, while she wants to be treated like a women.

Let the girl vent, women are important to society more so then men, biologically men are expendable and women are not, the modern women’s cognitive dissonance as society treats her like a man, while she wants to be treated like a women.

You're arguing that mothers and wives are expendable saxib not me. I can see logic isn't your best quality.

I’m convinced that many of you have had little to no contact with women outside of your family.

Get out of the dark rooms that y’all post in and become integrated with the world. I beg you. These lines of thinking are damaging to your psyche.

I’m convinced that many of you have had little to no contact with women outside of your family.

Get out of the dark rooms that y’all post in and become integrated with the world. I beg you. These lines of thinking are damaging to your psyche.

If that is the case, then its even more worrying because what does it say about how they feel about their mothers, grandmothers, aunts?

Do they think the women that raised them are lazy leeches? It begs the question of if they are incredibly ungrateful with regards to the sacrifices women in their families make or are women to blame for never opening up to their male family members?

If that is the case, then its even more worrying because what does it say about how they feel about their mothers, grandmothers, aunts?

Do they think the women that raised them are lazy leeches? It begs the question of if they are incredibly ungrateful with regards to the sacrifices women in their families make or are women to blame for never opening up to their male family members?
We’re just tired of the cognitive dissonance that a lot of Somali women have. Do they become traditional housewives. Or a modern women, Choosing one means forsaking the other. And we’re left to deal with both and the goods and evils they both come with. As products of a western society your meant to see a women that’s a housewife as a leech, becuase the economy here needs every man and women in the work force at 100%. I assume somali women think the same as they often hate the idea of being housewives and would like the illusion of choice of being a modern women. Then go around saying why do you need a man, as they can do
Everything themselves. You see what we have to deal with?

It might have to do with the fact that some wish they’re women and didn’t have to provide. We have it “so easy” by just “staying home” and having babies (no mention of the fact that a woman who dies during birth is a martyr because she’s the closest to death).

We’re just tired of the cognitive dissonance that a lot of Somali women have. Do they become traditional housewives. Or a modern women, Choosing one means forsaking the other. And we’re left to deal with both and the goods and evils they both come with. As products of a western society your meant to see a women that’s a housewife as a leech, becuase the economy here needs every man and women in the work force at 100%. I assume somali women think the same as they often hate the idea of being housewives and would like the illusion of choice of being a modern women. Then go around saying why do you need a man, as they can do
Everything themselves. You see what we have to deal with?

Tired of what? In reality is the opposite. Multiple studies show that in 50/50 households women still do all the cooking and cleaning. They still do all the things women of old used to do, but now have an added burden of working along side their husbands.

So I fail to see what you are tired about. The problem in this day and age is that no one cares about the 'facts' but about simply how they feel and the regurgitated talking points of other men who know nothing about reality.

I don't know any modern woman who is a mother that doesn't do housework or cook and clean. Its virtually impossible to live that existance and actually raise kids and family, unless the woman has a maid and lives back home or the Middle East. Middle class traditional women back home and the ME are the ones 'winning'.