Religion and Colorism

Apollo

VIP
Islamic teachings state that prophets were sent to every civilisation but that Muhammad was to be for every civilisation after himself.

There is some debate on the number of total prophets in Islam but the number I have seen in hadith is 124,000 prophets of which approximately 300 were messengers.

Some however go as far as claiming Moses and a bunch of Jewish prophets were black, which imo is reaching/coping.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Some however go as far as claiming Moses and a bunch of Jewish prophets were black, which imo is reaching/coping.

That's definitely reaching.

It is highlighted numerous times in quran and tafsir that every civilisation had at least one prophet in their entire history. The quran only mentions 26 but that's not the total number of prophets in Islam. It's a very misunderstood notion that the 26 mentioned prophets are the only prophets in Islam.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I’ve noticed that a lot of religious guys who go to the masjid or are very involved with their community that I’ve seen around my age (mid 20s to late 20s) that are very religious usually are into light skin or white muslims. I asked one of my cousins about it and at first he denied that and said maybe some of his friends prefer that and it was just a preference. Further into the conversation he theorized that faith and purity is often linked to whiteness and that most of us were indoctrinated to thinking that way, especially Somalis who link being religious to being more Arab.

Thoughts? Do you guys agree?
It my be because of their peers shit on dark skinned women. Any guy with a head on his shoulder would never out right say they don't like them but they definitely make subtle comments to show their dislike.

Like how some fat guys always shit on fat women openly

The most obvious one of see how they talk about talk about black women. Is it always negative? Is the group always negative. Others, how they treat them. Is not limited to just the religious type. Different groups.

@Frdc

Samaritan Palestinians are the closest population to the Ancient Hebrews. They don't have any among them with black skin:

shutterstock_110754272.jpg

Samaritans-682x1024.jpg

^ That's how all those Jew prophets looked like. Unless they are specifically mentioned being of Nubian or Habesha origin (none as far as I can tell), then there is no evidence of black prophets in the Abrahamic tradition.

like I said arabs/Jews of today are a mixed race people due to having children with slaves (both black and white slaves), so how can we say these people in the pictures looked like this back in the day?

I keep hearing about this meme of black prophets, but find zero evidence besides some murky statements on the darkness of Moses etc.. They could have been tanned Jews and not actual blacks.

There were none who were of Sub-Saharan African in origin. They were pretty much all ethnic Jews except for Muhammed who was an ethnic Arab.

Blacks only entered the Middle East after the 500s CE. There is no way there were Sub-Saharan African origin Jews in Israel/Palestine before that time.

there are sahih Hadith says Moses (As) and Isa (As) were black.

If you want to argue about what “black” means then that’s something else.

someone who is melanin rich would he considered black, a lot time ago Sri Lankans used to be classed as black but they refused that label and it was changed.

also, I’ve had a dream where I saw the prophet (saw) and he looked nothing like modern white skinned Bedouin Arabs who have taken over Saudia today.

Last edited:
I never said that only "white prophets" go to jannah.
Every good person goes to jannah as long as they were good muslims and I never said that Islam was racist in any way. As I said any black person who was a good muslim goes to jannah.

However, the verse about people going in paradise having whiter skin (they were not white on earth but their skin would become lighter when they enter paradise), has many interpretations.
You said that "white" meant devoid of sin and I agree that many scholars agree on that but many scholars interpret this verse literally, meaning they literally believe that people would get whiter skin when they go to jannah.

I never claimed u said Islam is racist, not sure where you got that from? I know it’s not.

scholars are just that, scholars with opinions they don’t know everything and that interpretation is clearly wrong because it makes no sense, it just sounds like they’re tryna elevate their own skin colour and people.

Islamic teachings state that prophets were sent to every civilisation but that Muhammad was to be for every civilisation after himself.

"And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them" Quran 35:24

"Every time there came to a nation their Messenger, they denied him" Quran 23:44

There is some debate on the number of total prophets in Islam but the number I have seen in hadith is 124,000 prophets of which approximately 300 were messengers.
124,000 and only one success of his message being spread correctly. Surely the most powerful being in world couldn’t be this bad at trying to teach his creation the truth. Or is he just not as powerful he claims to be l

Apollo

VIP
there are sahih Hadith says Moses (As) and Isa (As) were black.

Those scriptures do not state they were black as in the modern-day concept of it. All it says is that they were tanned or darker than the other Jews, not that they were of a totally different race or ethnicity.

They were most likely dark skinned/tanned Jews, not Negroid/Sub-Saharan Africans.

Jesus has been reconstructed, he looked like this:

oI5vKm6.jpg

Those same hadiths describe Muhammad as a white dude, which I highly doubt he was. Those ancient people obviously exaggerated minor differences between themselves. Muhammad likely still looked like an Arab/Semite, same with Moses and Jesus.

also, I’ve had a dream where I saw the prophet (saw) and he looked nothing like modern white skinned Bedouin Arabs who have taken over Saudia today.

Muhammad has been described numerous times as being whiter skinned than other Arabs.. Also, how is your dream a reliable source? It's just your brain playing tricks on you, not you actually seeing prophets.

Those scriptures do not state they were black as in the modern-day concept of it. All it says is that they were tanned or darker than the other Jews, not that they were of a totally different race or ethnicity.

They were most likely dark skinned/tanned Jews, not Negroid/Sub-Saharan Africans.

Jesus has been reconstructed, he looked like this:

oI5vKm6.jpg

PS. Those same hadiths describe Muhammed as a white dude, which I highly doubt he was. Those ancient people obviously exaggerated minor differences between themselves. Muhammed likely still looked like an Arab/Semite, same with Moses and Jesus.
There isn’t even any historical evidence of Jesus existing some according to some historians lol. His names never appear in Roman records at all. Bible was written after 40 yrs of jesus death.

Apollo

VIP
There isn’t even any historical evidence of Jesus existing some according to some historians lol. His names never appear in Roman records at all. Bible was written after 40 yrs of jesus death.

Turin_shroud_positive_and_negative_displaying_original_color_information_708_x_465_pixels_94_KB.jpg

This is what he looked like. Some Jewish guy.

Apollo

VIP
like I said arabs/Jews of today are a mixed race people due to having children with slaves (both black and white slaves), so how can we say these people in the pictures looked like this back in the day?

Samaritan Palestinians (semi-Jews who never left Palestine) are not mixed race. They have zero European Crusader and zero Black African slave trade ancestry. They represent the Ancient Hebrews in modern-day form.

Here is a Samaritan Palestinian, looks exactly like that Jesus reconstruction:

e4b94379d7782b2c03d33d462ad34cc2.jpg

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
124,000 and only one success of his message being spread correctly. Surely the most powerful being in world couldn’t be this bad at trying to teach his creation the truth. Or is he just not as powerful he claims to be l

One would say its an example of free-will and ignorance.

I’ve noticed that a lot of religious guys who go to the masjid or are very involved with their community that I’ve seen around my age (mid 20s to late 20s) that are very religious usually are into light skin or white muslims. I asked one of my cousins about it and at first he denied that and said maybe some of his friends prefer that and it was just a preference. Further into the conversation he theorized that faith and purity is often linked to whiteness and that most of us were indoctrinated to thinking that way, especially Somalis who link being religious to being more Arab.

Thoughts? Do you guys agree?
maybe you're describing your qoorba joog western folks I don't know anyone from here who has that view and i'm in the gulf

I find it strange when darkskinned men demean dark skin, they are self-haters who need therapy. I don't believe in this fake "its muh preference"..

How is your preference for skin, a colour that isn't on your own body. Yaab badana.
I think this skin colour obsession disease comes from their families.

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Do they? Maybe it's because a lot of religious men are lowkey arab wannabes. They dress arab, prefer arabic over their own language, and want to adopt arab customs. It makes sense that they'd want light women that resemble arabs more.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Do they? Maybe it's because a lot of religious men are lowkey arab wannabes. They dress arab, prefer arabic over their own language, and want to adopt arab customs. It makes sense that they'd want light women that resemble arabs more.
Or they find the Arab looking girls beautiful 😍 which is just fine