Who were the Edomite/esau?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we may laugh at AA's for repeating this but these ppl are really hated by god in the bible. The only people whom god openly stated that he will hate forever and not even firaun did he mention hating in the bible nor did he curse the Egyptians as badly as he cursed edom. There are a number of reasons why god hated the second son of isaac and one of them was because he didn't listen to his parents and married women of other nations and the other was because he wanted to kill his brother like cain. My question is who are they today and how evil must they be for god to hate them forever and curse them like abu lahab?

1The oracle of the word of the LORD to Israel through Malachi.

2“I have loved you,” says the LORD. But you say, “How have You loved us?” “Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” declares the LORD. “Yet I have loved Jacob; 3but I have hated Esau, and I have made his mountains a desolation and appointed his inheritance for the jackals of the wilderness.” 4Though Edom says, “We have been beaten down, but we will return and build up the ruins”; thus says the LORD of hosts, “They may build, but I will tear down; and men will call them the wicked territory, and the people toward whom the LORD is indignant forever.” 5Your eyes will see this and you will say, “The LORD be magnified beyond the border of Israel!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts