Who remembers the story of Jamila from Nairobi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
This is what good Somalis can do for each other. It’s wonderful to see she’s doing well.

Bohol

VIP
This is what good Somalis can do for each other. It’s wonderful to see she’s doing well.

Fundraising is active within the Somali community not as much as the cadaan community though (they tend to raise millions in few days thanks to their larger numbers and fatter pockets :lol: ) .

I would never have accepted some american to marry her if i was her father. Ultimately these girls need to learn that they can't trust random men that won't settle with them permanently.

This will keep happening until somali families call their bad eggs out. Sadly somalis in the west view somalis in somalia below them and can treat them however they want

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
What happened to her?
I haven’t finished the video but if I’m not mistaken she got into a fake marriage and was abandoned by her husband. I think it was on a program about how Somali men from North America and Europe target poor girls back home.

I haven’t finished the video but if I’m not mistaken she got into a fake marriage and was abandoned by her husband. I think it was on a program about how Somali men from North America and Europe target poor girls back home.
This b@stard was from Minnesota. They should out him

I remember seeing that fundraiser a while back. Good to see that the money got to her and that shes doing better now.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit

Interesting... Usually when you’re marrying a man, you tell him to bring his whole clan, his uncles to your family. It seems to me that these women only hear American or European passport and throw out the culture and religion aspects out the window.

I’m not blaming her but a lot of them think they will get the easy way out of Africa. This man worked for his passport, and probably has a wife, what makes them think they will be supported and eventually be brought to America.

Again I’m not knocking them but they should think before they jump into sham marriages. These men only want sex.

This will keep happening until somali families call their bad eggs out. Sadly somalis in the west view somalis in somalia below them and can treat them however they want

This is so true. I see cases of mothers going back home and trying to marry off their delinquent sons to maskeen local girls, knowing full well their son could potentially ruin an innocent girls life. They would never try this with a western Somali family as they know they wouldn't be able to get away with it.

Its time we as a community call a spade a spade and stop allowing men to get away with harming people. Clans and close family members are the number 1 culprits when it comes to protecting unsavoury men.

Tukraq

VIP
This is what to expect from these types of marriages tbh:bell: predatory from both sides, the guy that’s just looking for sex:susp: and the women trying to get a citizenship:comeon: this is why you marry for deen and not these ulterior motives

This is what to expect from these types of marriages tbh:bell: predatory from both sides, the guy that’s just looking for sex:susp: and the women trying to get a citizenship:comeon: this is why you marry for deen and not these ulterior motives
Many prefer cirizenship or it is hit the road jack for them

Status
Not open for further replies.