Who is into EDM ( Elecronic digital music)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although i like my share of rock, reggea/dancehall, rnb and hiphop
ive always been into edm more than the others.

all types of house, especially deep house and trance and even after resisting it ive fallen for trap as well.

current favorites are

uppermost(french Dj)
Oxford , also french

MAt ZO and Arty .

Marshmello and san holo , diplo for trap.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
You're going get shit on for this loooool. This place is full of hip hop heads lool. You're cadaan now lool :mjlol:

No, I'm not into it, I went to one meetup though, it was pretty fun.

You're going get shit on for this loooool. This place is full of hip hop heads lool. You're cadaan now lool :mjlol:

No, I'm not into it, I went to one meetup though, it was pretty fun.
why are somalis so much into hiphop?
for me its just another genre of music, and i do like some artists, but im in love with house and trance.

TooMacaan

VIP
I think I have to rank EDM as worse than the Country music genre...and that's saying something.
(Alt-Rock & Old school Hip-Hop is where it's at):zhqjlmx:

I think I have to rank EDM as worse than the Country music genre...and that's saying something.
(Alt-Rock & Old school Hip-Hop is where it's at):zhqjlmx:
you are missing out, give it a try..
you dont need any drugs to enjoy it..
i used to be a dj and promoter years ago.

even booked david gueta before he was super famous,
dealt with his wife, shes a sweetheart..
gave them a tour of the city, fed them shawarma and had shiisha.
that was 10 years ago.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
why are somalis so much into hiphop?
for me its just another genre of music, and i do like some artists, but im in love with house and trance.

Well, I guess a good number of them grow up around blacks, so it's natural for them to get into hip hop. So, even if they don't grow up around blacks, other Somali listen to it, so I guess it grows from there. There is nothing wrong with Rap/Hip Hop the genre, it's the mainstream artist that make you question "how low does someone IQ has to be for you to call this 'fire' 'lit' :mjlol:

There are some good artist that I use to/currently listen to like Immoral Technique, Diabolic, Eminem, Lupe Fiasco, and Kendrick Lamar.

I still sometimes listen to mainstream, but mostly for the beat, the lyrics usually will 'sink' your IQ.

im not dissing hiphop, im really into immortal technique, lupe fiasco and kendrick lamar,
and due to the influence of my kid brother ive started to appreciate childish gambino, lol damn im 38 and imlistening to this..

but good music is good music.

so im guessing no one here is into edm??
is somalispot dominated by north americans??

i know that EDM is considered white music, and more specifically gay , and hipster scene in that part of the world.
in europe and elsewhere its mainstream.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
im not dissing hiphop, im really into immortal technique, lupe fiasco and kendrick lamar,
and due to the influence of my kid brother ive started to appreciate childish gambino, lol damn im 38 and imlistening to this..

but good music is good music.

so im guessing no one here is into edm??
is somalispot dominated by north americans??

i know that EDM is considered white music, and more specifically gay , and hipster scene in that part of the world.
in europe and elsewhere its mainstream.
I don't remember the demographics here, I think it's about 50/50. However, Somalis are usually from my experience are influenced by black-American culture no matter where they live.

TooMacaan

VIP
I mean, I listen to Daft Punk but I feel like they're so mainstream that it almost could be considered Pop.
You'll consider me a pleb for saying this but the only times I've listened to David Guetta was when he collaborated with Rihanna as well as that time when I was obsessed with the following song:

And I'm not sure if Kavinsky counts as EDM or if House music is different...but also, these:

Basically, I wouldn't know where to start with EDM. If you know something similar to the stuff I mentioned above, feel free to recommend.

P.S. You got the opportunity to meet David Guetta and his wife...and you gave them a Middle Eastern experience?? :ayaanswag:
Are you Somali...? You could've introduced them to some Malawax or Shaah!

I mean, I listen to Daft Punk but I feel like they're so mainstream that it almost could be considered Pop.
You'll consider me a pleb for saying this but the only times I've listened to David Guetta was when he collaborated with Rihanna as well as that time when I was obsessed with the following song:

And I'm not sure if Kavinsky counts as EDM or if House music is different...but also, these:

Basically, I wouldn't know where to start with EDM. If you know something similar to the stuff I mentioned above, feel free to recommend.

P.S. You got the opportunity to meet David Guetta and his wife...and you gave them a Middle Eastern experience?? :ayaanswag:
Are you Somali...? You could've introduced them to some Malawax or Shaah!

I love daft punk especially their old stuff, my favorite concert was daft punk in tokyo.
but yes they have become so popular that they are considered pop, but is that a bad thing?
yes kavinkys would be considered house.

as for gueta and his wife, i did not get a chance to feed them somali food because i had them in a 5 star hotel ,but i did represent somalia , suprisingly they knew about somalia, and even somailand. but europeans are generally better educated and informed about world affairs.

naah, drum and bass is where its at

love drum n bass
i remember sneaking into a club in london in 96 with a fake ID, danced to old school jungle and drum n bass.
over a decade later i was couchsurfring in tokyo with a japanese 40 year old single mum and her 20 year old daughter .
the mother was obsessed with drum n bass and took me to a club, and it was amazing.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
I've been waiting for Daft pink concert for a long time. I listened to 90s house or eurosance shapeshifters modjo crystal waters gala frankie knuckles but not latest stuff I remember them playing in the background when I was a kid in after school club that's how i got into it when I became older cause I remembered.I went Berlin last summer for a week n stayed at a hostel. I wnt out with local emo hipsters type Turks the vibe was completely different than here u must have been here at a better time cause they have been closing down clubs a lot over last 3 years n club scene isn't into traditional house like mainland Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending