Who is in charge of garbage and recycling in Somalia?

Yes, I thought the same thing. Plus Xamar has so many stray dogs, especially in the beach areas.

It makes me so mad. Surely there should be some type of protocol in place to clean these places. If not they should take a page from the Kagame playbook and force citizens to have a clean up day once a month

It makes me so mad. Surely there should be some type of protocol in place to clean these places. If not they should take a page from the Kagame playbook and force citizens to have a clean up day once a month
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have never understood how we can claim to love our land yet be okay with the amount of filth and trash laying around. Aren't we Muslim? Isn't cleanliness part of our faith?

No one is responsible for shit there, that city is hell on earth

Whole areas were citizens not allowed to enter, thats where farmajo is hiding also

I was just watching this video and thinking why is the streets and the beach so filthy? It is upsetting.

What I don’t understand is they got million or maybe billions in foreign aid in the last 30 years yet zero improvement can be seen. Everything is as it was if not worse than 30yrs ago! Where does the money go? Smh

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
What I don’t understand is they got million or maybe billions in foreign aid in the last 30 years yet zero improvement can be seen. Everything is as it was if not worse than 30yrs ago! Where does the money go? Smh

People's pockets? I thought this was obvious.

That money just lines the pockets of some corrupt Faraaxs, their Xalimos and their little Isniinos and Cabdis. I remember meeting a wealthy family in Dubai once and not long after meeting them my mother asked me if I remembered how well-off they seemed. Porsche Cayenne and a house in Jumeirah of all places. I said yes and she asked me where I figured the money came from. Couldn't guess correctly so she explained that they are scammers who open up an NGO and mess with the books so that most of the money goes to them and only peanuts go to the people back home it's supposed to go to. Wanted to murder the entire family after hearing that shit.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Corruption mostly cause theres 0 accountability in my opinion foreign aid shouldn't be paid at ALL it should completely stop cause the money isn't going to the right people just filling the pockets of government officials they dont give a shit about the people or the country instead of sending foreign aid best thing they can do charity wise is to invest in businesses that same person can hire locals and reduce unemployment or they can do other charity in the form of education and training materials to improve infrastructure

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Theres only a few garbage trucks owned by private companies that only go make their rounds throughout the neighbourhoods. But no one cares to pick up the trash on public spaces. Its truly sad that we have no recycling facilities and no local municipal trash collectors. We are literally a century behind the 1st world.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
@Hani Bee do you know if the Somali government provide cleaning contractors?
when I was in Somaliland there aint no garbage bins or waste disposal and those garbage trucks are private companies they will charge you 50$ a month to pick up your trash outside your home if you dont pay they wont pick up your trash and you gonna have a pile of trash laying around

There's no government, what do you expect? In a normal country, the municipality would be responsible for this. Even the cities that are the capitals of the autonomous regions are just as littered and disgusting. They too don't have governments. Student councils in western high schools are more of a government. There are more blue plastic khat bags floating around then the number of inhabitants.

If I was in charge, I would have made that country into having one of the most competent and professional governments in the world in a year. Westerners would be copying Somalia. It's a shame morons have always been at the helm.

You have to teach them to have order and structure and routine in their life. There is no order and structure and routine over there. Chaos and doing whatever you feel like is deeply ingrained in all aspects of Somali life. It must start from the basics: arrive at the wedding at the scheduled time and don't attend if you were not invited!

Trending