Who did first use the report that UN is building latrines in Somaliland and Puntland to stop open de

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guessed it right me March 30th 2018

The UN even builds latrines

On World Toilet Day, 14 Somali villages are recognized for abandoning open defecation

Garowe, Hargeisa, 19 November 2016 - Twelve villages in Somaliland and two in Puntland have been officially recognized for demonstrating that everyone in their community uses a toilet and no longer goes into the fields, bushes, forests, water or open spaces to defecate.

The news comes as the world marks World Toilet Day, on 19 November, which focuses on taking action to reach the 2.4 billion people worldwide living without a toilet. Sanitation is a global development priority with the Sustainable Development Goals, launched in 2015, including a target of ensuring everyone everywhere has access to toilets by 2030.

UNICEF has introduced a behaviour change approach known as Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) - a sensitization process to empower community members to take collective action to end open defecation and to build and use toilets. This approach focuses on the health benefits of not defecating in the open. In 2012 UNICEF began the project in 60 villages throughout Somalia and is finally seeing some results. The 12 villages were declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) by designated verification teams led by the Ministries of Health.

Mar 30, 2018

I provided the response on a thread where I discussed Somaliland considering kicking the UN out

I said in the absence of real government that cannot be possible as the UN even provides latrines when insinuated that Somaliland was self sufficient and did not need them

It is disingenuous that some use it as a slur against each other to put each other down when the UN does so much.

One good thing is that in Somaliland no one brags about these kind of projects like in Puntland under Abdiwali Gaas.

Once he even flew from Dubai to open a road in Bosaao that was signed off by previous Puntland government with the government of Italy under the JPLG programme for local governments where the Mayor was supposed to cut the ribbon of the newly JPLG II road but he flew all the way from Dubai to be pictured.

In Somaliland people are more aware and the President can't pass on UN projects which were signed off way before him as if he contributed and financed them.

The Somaliland President does not go into competition with the Hargaysa Mayor.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Saahid Qamaan all our major cities qardho-garowe-bosaso-galkayo have bloody toilets ma garatay either latrines or flush toilets, depending on the home and when it was built. We have a water system in all our towns, no 'dameer' brings water to people's home. It's all connected and piped waryaa. Our toilets don't look like a 'shit fest happened' like hargeisa hospital kkkkkkk and don't make me show u the image ok.

Yes some rural areas do not have toilets and we are dealing with that inshallah. We focused on the IDPS because their in the town and we didn't want them shitting all over the place or not having water source. Where u think the local hargaysan and even more shocking the IDPs in their town shit? there is no water in the town.

Even the VP Amey was at a ceremony of launching latrines for IDP's

UNICEF provides latrines for internally displaced in Puntland, Somalia
SOM_newsnote_puntlandlatrine1.jpg

© UNICEF Somalia/2017/Kim
Ceremony to hand over latrines for IDPs for IDPs in Puntland. The launch at the Community Center- Shabelle sub-camp, Jawle camp was addressed by the Vice President of Puntland, Abdihakin Abdilahi Omar and Jesper Moller, UNICEF acting Deputy Representat

Jawle IDP camp, Puntland, Somalia, 25 September 2017
-

UNICEF handed over 180 communal toilets for displaced people in Jawle camp in Somalia's north eastern state of Puntland, at a ceremony attended by Vice President of Puntland, Abdihakin Abdilahi Omar and the Governor of Nugal, Omar Abdullahi Farole. UNICEF was represented by

Jesper Moller, acting Deputy Representative of Somalia. Around 3,600 people will benefit from the toilets, funded by the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) and built, rehabilitated and/or desluged in partnership with the Norwegian Refugee Council. There have been few usable toilets at the settlement and hundreds of people have suffered from an outbreak of Acute Watery Diarrhoea due to water being contaminated by faeces.

UNICEF provides latrines for internally displaced in Puntland, Somalia
SOM_newsnote_puntlandlatrine1.jpg

© UNICEF Somalia/2017/Kim

Ceremony to hand over latrines for IDPs for IDPs in Puntland. The launch at the Community Center- Shabellesub-camp, Jawle camp was addressed by the Vice President of Puntland, Abdihakin Abdilahi Omar and Jesper Moller, UNICEF acting Deputy Representat

Puntland is committed to a 2030 timeline to stop open defecation. That’s why only 2 of their villages are open defecation free now. Long way to go

But you are right it’s kind of embarrassing reer PL wants to use this as FKD material when they’re the slowest at stopping open defecation

This shows I used it first but in a rational and sane manner.

I also talked and highlighted about many other issues that were proven right a few months later.

Using this kind of insults are disingenuous especially knowing that both states get assistance and even PL's Vice President present in a ceremony of latrines handover to an IDP camp which have been built in 2017.

This shows I used it first but in a rational and sane manner.

I also talked and highlighted about many other issues that were proven right a few months later.

Using this kind of insults are disingenuous especially knowing that both states get assistance and even PL's Vice President present in a ceremony of latrines handover to an IDP camp which have been built in 2017.

U seem to keep missing the point somehow...:comeon:

Status
Not open for further replies.