Whites are know for incest. Are Somalis too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
we got sambusa consumers on this forum talking about wanting to marry their cousins. Besides them I do know ladies that have married their cousins. It was a small amount like 3-4 women. I only found out cause my mom told me:

So with that being said explain to me how big of a problem are incest marriages in the Somali community.

Niggas are out here marrying they cousins. Uuf:farmajoyaab:. Why are y’all culture appropriating cadaan culture.

Don't see any problem. 4th cousin sounds good because I can:

-Be very tribal:trumpsmirk:
-Diss other sub sub sub clans:trumpsmirk:

:trumpsmirk:Sounds good:trumpsmirk:

Last edited:
It's not caadan culture. It's just yet another backwards Arab/South Asian cultural custom that Somalis have adopted.

World

VIP
It's not caadan culture. It's just yet another backwards Arab/South Asian cultural custom that Somalis have adopted.
It’s been estimated that 80 % of marriages in human history have been between first and second cousins.

It may be backwards, but labelling it as an Arab/South Asian cultural custom is incorrect.

Furthermore, what a few individual Somalis do doesn’t reflect on the wider Somali community. Our culture frowns upon cousin marriages.

Last edited:
It’s been estimated that 80 % of marriages in human history have been between first and second cousins.

It may be backwards, but labelling it as an Arab/South Asian cultural custom is incorrect.

Furthermore, what a few individual Somalis do doesn’t reflect on the wider Somali community. We don’t have a custom of marrying cousins.

It's fortunately not a widespread phenomenon, I agree. I might've generalised a bit too much.

It's only a genetic problem when you come from a long line of cousin marriages like what Pakistanis do. Otherwise it's fine.

Our prophet married his first cousin and it's allowed in Islam.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
With Somalis not caring so much about Qabil here in the West, this might go away in the next generation. Unlike other cultures, like Pakistanis (no hate on them by the way), it isn't uncommon for them to actually get arranged marriages from back home. For Somalis, this is pretty rare. So, I don't think this is a big issue within the Somali community.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Most Somalis I noticed if their parents are from the same sub-clan, they either got a grandmother or great-grandmother from a different clan. Its purely anecotdal of course but I've noticed this trend and it is interesting to me as it suggests we became more insular over time with regards to marriage.

World

VIP
Most Somalis I noticed if their parents are from the same sub-clan, they either got a grandmother or great-grandmother from a different clan. Its purely anecotdal of course but I've noticed this trend and it is interesting to me as it suggests we became more insular over time with regards to marriage.
Sub clans have hundreds of thousands of members, it really isn’t that close. They’re larger than entire ethnic groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts