An American Reporter adopted a Mixed child from Djibouti

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
He shouldn't have taken his identity away from him.

I agree with this and I hope the kid never forgot about his biological mother.

Edit: I did some googling and found out his mom passed away shortly after adoption. AUN.

Last edited:
Why call him “Wecel”, that is derogatory
The kid did not choose to be on this earth . His poor mother didn’t even know how to sign her own name , that alone tells you this woman did not sleep around out of choice.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
urban dictionary doesn't have wecel. What does it mean? Did you just make up a word?

Slang these days is so confusing

I'm happy that this young man can have a good ending to his story. I love to see stories about people who change the lives and trajectory selflessly so shoutout to the father as well. AUN to the mother.

The father and the son look alike too which is interesting.

Why call him “Wecel”, that is derogatory
The kid did not choose to be on this earth . His poor mother didn’t even know how to sign her own name , that alone tells you this woman did not sleep around out of choice.
Wecel is the most appropriate word I could think of, sorry hearing such stories make my blood boil :snoop:

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
VIP
I doubt he’d be seen as Somali anyway. He looks like his father.
It's not about his looks, he looked to be 8-9 years old when he got adopted, he went by Ayanleh to all of a sudden being uprooted and getting his whole life erased. His adopters job is to provide him what his biological family couldn't; education, roof over his head etc..the necessities.

If he wanted a mixed kid named Jonah he coulda easily gotten that in his state,he didnt need to travel to Africa.

These people always erasing their adopted childrens ethnic names has always been weird to me.

It's not about his looks, he looked to be 8-9 years old when he got adopted, he went by Ayanleh to all of a sudden being uprooted and getting his whole life erased. His adopters job is to provide him what his biological family couldn't; education, roof over his head etc..the necessities.

If he wanted a mixed kid named Jonah he coulda easily gotten that in his state,he didnt need to travel to Africa.

These people always erasing their adopted childrens ethnic names has always been weird to me.
I think they wanted him to fit in and not stand out.
If Jonah wants to reclaim the name "Ayanleh" he can still do that.

Trending

Latest posts