White man converted to Islam 16 years ago and decided to leave Islam now

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dhegdheer, @VixR, @McLovin, @You, @Jujuman, @supz and others whose nicks I can't recall now, thank you for the awesome job you're doing on this forum to educate, inform and enlighten the many religious zealots, militant assholes and the outright women-hating, Koran-thumping misogynists about the barbarity and ugliness of their backward beliefs. Your presence and work are much appreciated here, unlike the owner, @AbdiJohnson, who turned out to be a faux atheist and underminer for all that a minority group like ours (given our Somali society's deep-rooted backwardnessand ignorance) needed.

Keep up the good work, guys. You never know, your tireless efforts might lead some depraved souls out of the darkness of religious militancy and ignorance.

Why are you judging him based on standards 1400 years after he died? If God condemned you because you did something that people 1000 years in the future find morally reprehensible would you think it's fair?
I never claimed prophet hood of a timeless religion. I never told people to try and be like me for the rest of times. if i did those things, i think its fair that my morals were questioned.

It wasn't rape though. It was consensual. There were Sahabis that have killed their own family members for the sake of Islam. I think you're reading too much into it.

Has it ever occurred to you that she became convinced of the truthfulness of Islam? Because she wasn't forced to convert. She could have just paid jizya in exchange for state protection if she (RA) wanted to remain a jew.

:mjlol:
And you just called me dense....

I know I keep announcing my departure only to reply to another comment, but this time I'm serious. Some of us have a life, we don't all spend our time talking about religions that we're not part of.

After her husband was killed??? Not even a day before? :mjlol:
Why are you lying about "a day before"? She had much more time than that and even if it was a day before, there's nothing wrong with that.

P.S. you don't have the privilege to quote me anymore.

I never claimed prophet hood of a timeless religion. I never told people to try and be like me for the rest of times. if i did those things, i think its fair that my morals were questioned.

And you just called me dense....
And for good reason pal.

I'm guessing you did not catch my drift in my previous post. Literally the only explanation as to why you'd say this.

Remain forever dense bruh.
:cryinglaughsmiley:

Indoctrination is a scary thing, and @Layth is proof of that. Doesn't question that a women married and consummated the marriage 3 days after all the men in her tribe was killed (including her father and husband) and all women and kid was captured to be sold as slaves.

Why are you lying about "a day before"? She had much more time than that and even if it was a day before, there's nothing wrong with that.
A day, 3 days it doesn't matter. He consumated the marriage after the battle. How is that enought time to process anything?

P.S. you don't have the privilege to quote me anymore.
I'll quote you if I want to :hahaidiot:

@dhegdheer, @VixR, @McLovin, @You, @Jujuman, @supz and others whose nicks I can't recall now, thank you for the awesome job you're doing on this forum to educate, inform and enlighten the many religious zealots, militant assholes and the outright women-hating, Koran-thumping misogynists about the barbarity and ugliness of their backward beliefs. Your presence and work are much appreciated here, unlike the owner, @AbdiJohnson, who turned out to be a faux atheist and underminer for all that a minority group like ours (given our Somali society's deep-rooted backwardnessand ignorance) needed.

Keep up the good work, guys. You never know, your tireless efforts might lead some depraved souls out of the darkness of religious militancy and ignorance.
:salute::salute::salute:

I usually don't argue with muslims, but when i do, i am reminded exactly why i don't. Just look at @Layth responses. Hes blinded by all the years of indoctrination, that he can not see whats right in front of him. I don't blame him. I use to be like that. Its something that takes time. No matter how much i try to convince him that hes wrong, i wont work. Any change will always have to come from the inside. The day he sits down and starts learning about his religions and asks him selfs why he follows it over any other relgion, that day will be a good day. Whether he chooses to stay a muslim or leave, is and will always be up to him. After all belief is a personal thing.

I usually don't argue with muslims, but when i do, i am reminded exactly why i don't. Just look at @Layth responses. Hes blinded by all the years of indoctrination, that he can not see whats right in front of him. I don't blame him. I use to be like that. Its something that takes time. No matter how much i try to convince him that hes wrong, i wont work. Any change will always have to come from the inside. The day he sits down and starts learning about his religions and asks him selfs why he follows it over any other relgion, that day will be a good day. Whether he chooses to stay a muslim or leave, is and will always be up to him. After all belief is a personal thing.
I am like you too these days. There was a time I used to get into religious arguments all the time and it was pointless, as you said. They need to be confronted and the record set straight every now and then.

merka

Somaliland Sovereignist
VIP
You misunderstand what it means that Islam is a timeless religion. It means that the principles and laws extracted from the Quran and the life of the Prophet is applicable for all times. Since conditions change over time and place, then in order for Islam to be valid it has to be able to be practiced in all cases.

Show me where does it say in the Quran or Hadith that commands muslims to capture or buy slaves or that you will be rewarded for having slaves. You'll only find that the opposite is true.

If slavery is such an important part of the religion then you'll see muslims everywhere now kidnapping people and keeping them as slaves.

@SomaliSpotter I was the only Somali Spotter who was atheist in the first place. I gave the courage for atheists to come out on this forum. But you claim I'm a sheegato
You used to be good. Now you're useless xaar. Go back to the old AbdiJohnson we knew back on that other forum. This current AbdiJohnson is like a greedy, corrupt, capital-driven businessman. He's like Donald Trump, who says anything to appease his followers. Not cool, man.

Thanks. I was away from the forum for a while and still don't know who's who of all the current members. I just tagged the ones I saw active in this thread. Hope to chat with you all soon.
I am not usually on here. When i am, i never really being serious. Not sure why i decided to take part in the discussion in this thread today. I should have been sleeping 2 hours ago.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Anti Feminism|Centrist
I remember this guy used to make islamic videos on youtube. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a spy. I don't trust these reverts.

You misunderstand what it means that Islam is a timeless religion. It means that the principles and laws extracted from the Quran and the life of the Prophet is applicable for all times. Since conditions change over time and place, then in order for Islam to be valid it has to be able to be practiced in all cases.

Show me where does it say in the Quran or Hadith that commands muslims to capture or buy slaves or that you will be rewarded for having slaves. You'll only find that the opposite is true.

If slavery is such an important part of the religion then you'll see muslims everywhere now kidnapping people and keeping them as slaves.
We're talking over each other. At this point i would just be repeating my self. Also, don't put words in my mouth. I never said slavery was important or that you get rewarded for capturing or buying slaves. I have never made such claims, and that's not my point. My point was entirely on the concept of a timeless religion, and how i don't think it is, but i see we have two different understandings of what timeless means in the context of religion.

My understand of timeless is its literal meaning. Timeless. The religion should be the same over the years, which its not. Since we see scholars have changed their views on so many things over the course of islams existence. The prophet, who is said to be the last prophet, for the rest of mankind. Did things that we today would find unacceptable. How can a muslim today be expected to look up to a man who committed something even the worst people in society (criminals) would kill people caught doing today? A person who heard about this as the first thing would never give islam a chance, and rightly so. A god, should have known this would happen, and never have let moe do something that would change over time.

Anyway, we have two different understandings of what timeless means in this case, and since all my arguments is based on my definition, there no point in arguring if you have your definition. So i will end it here and go to sleep.

merka

Somaliland Sovereignist
VIP
I remember this guy used to make islamic videos on youtube. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a spy. I don't trust these reverts.
He's still making videos but now he's attacking Islam. He's an attention *****. Probably trying to get a book deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.