Which habit did you quit due to Ramadan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
First of all Ramadaan Mubarak everyone.

It’s already day 12 of Ramadan maa shaa Allah. Since day one I quit listening to music and it was hard tbh, laakin now it’s getting easier and I don’t feel like I need it. Hopefully I can continue like this after Ramadan as well in shaa Allah.

Another thing is the habit of overeating (with unhealthy foods) during iftar. No more overeating and eating healthy in shaa Allah.

Mashallah, one of the signs ur saum was accepted is when you continue leaving the haraam stuff behind after ramadan. Personally, i will try to pray most of my salah in the masjid. I live close to one and also work close to one, so no excuses not to pray in the mosque. Mosques are packed during ramadan but you lucky to see two lines after eid.

Mashallah, one of the signs ur saum was accepted is when you continue leaving the haraam stuff behind after ramadan. Personally, i will try to pray most of my salah in the masjid. I live close to one and also work close to one, so no excuses not to pray in the mosque. Mosques are packed during ramadan but you lucky to see two lines after eid.
True

:wtf: I haven't drank any coffee, i usually get a headache if i dont drink atleast a cup a day and so far no headaches.
I was at a mosque the other day and these Somalis rolled up with big thermos’ filled with spicy Somali tea . I was tempted but I stuck to my water and fruit shake regime . I don’t how people have the stomach to have water , tea , coffee , juice etc during Ramadan .

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
I haven't listened to music. I continued this from last ramadhan but when I never found any new lectures that interested me to listen to whilst doing my school work I started listening to music again when ramadhan finished. Hopefully this year I can cut it completely off.
I also stopped drinking tea or roti gasgas.
I also tried to be nicer but that one's the hardest for sure. To balance being nice and not being taken advantage of. Idk
Lastly, I have been trying to pray on time not delaying later a few minutes till next salah.

Nothing, this has been the worst Ramadan so far when it was supposed to be the opposite.

I guess I haven't listened to music voluntarily in 2-3 weeks and praying on time...ish. That's it.

I have never felt this weak-willed during Ramadan. Even worse, my previous ones weren't solid at all and I did the bare minimum for the most part.

:francis:

Nothing, this has been the worst Ramadan so far when it was supposed to be the opposite.

I guess I haven't listened to music voluntarily in 2-3 weeks and praying on time...ish. That's it.

I have never felt this weak-willed during Ramadan. Even worse, my previous ones weren't solid at all and I did the bare minimum for the most part.

:francis:

I feel you..
Plus side is Ramadan isn't over yet

I don't feel this is my best ramadan personally as i've actually taken a step back and not read the quran so far. In fact i feel guilty for watching tv and going on the internet as i get caught in the trap of looking at beautiful women. However what i'm really looking forward to is the last ten nights which i will perform perfectly since i need to pray the qadr (night of destiny after all) since my yearly affairs will be written in that night and i must ask allah for his blessings then. Next ramadan inshallah i will not use any technology like the amish since women are a great trial for me, even looking at a provocatively dressed woman counts as zina of the eye apparently.

I fucked up I still listen to music . Only thing is I stopped smoking cigarettes and weed alx. Laakin I barley pray and I'm in Hargeisa where the aathan blares subhanallah. Allah knows best but we aren't even half way yet brothers let's make sure to finish our Ramadan pleasing Allah swt inshallah and not be so quick to turn to next year's ramadan. Who knows if well be alive sxb. Ramadan Kareem.

RICH

I fucked up I still listen to music . Only thing is I stopped smoking cigarettes and weed alx. Laakin I barley pray and I'm in Hargeisa where the aathan blares subhanallah. Allah knows best but we aren't even half way yet brothers let's make sure to finish our Ramadan pleasing Allah swt inshallah and not be so quick to turn to next year's ramadan. Who knows if well be alive sxb. Ramadan Kareem.

One step at the time wll. Stop smoking is your first step. Next step is to ditch the music. You will find calmness in your salaat especially when you quit those bad habits. There is nothing better than the sweetness of Imaan.

Definitely, you’re right. Nobody promised us next Ramadan!

RICH

Yh you will see only positive things in yourself if your Ramadan was accepted. My Allaah accept our fasts and every effort we’re trying to make in bettering ourselves. Ameen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts