Where do you all buy your gold?

So, I live in Australia. I don’t live anywhere with a large African diaspora, or really any diaspora actually. So those local Arab/Indian/African stores that sell all manner of miscellaneous things, including gold, don’t exist here sadly. I’d probably absolutely find them in Sydney or Melbourne, but I won’t be going to either of those places for a while.

Are any of you based in Australia and would be able to help me out with some places that sell gold jewellery? Like in the 21k/22k range, or even above. Or if you’re based in any other country but get your gold from overseas vendors, can you let me know where from?

I have an Emirati friend who was here for a short while before going back, and she’s been a great middle person. Like actually gone out to all the different souks and showed me all of the different pieces and things like that. She’s lovely. I’ve gotten a few gorgeous pieces with her help. But I just want to see what other options might be around too, especially within Australia. As the currency conversion and all that can be jarring. Not to mention the international transaction fee! Imagine my horror when I went to my online banking app and saw that my bank took $90 just as a fee for one of the purchases from a few days prior, I nearly had a stroke lol.

And then just a quick second question to follow: What purity of gold jewellery do you all personally prefer? Whether it be looks wise or durability. As I understand that the purer you go, the softer it gets.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I like 18K gold and I do online (for it be customized) only from Somalis if you search dahab on tiktok you’ll see somali stores that ship worldwide but ur in Australia so shipping will be crazy expensive

I like 18K gold and I do online (for it be customized) only from Somalis if you search dahab on tiktok you’ll see somali stores that ship worldwide but ur in Australia so shipping will be crazy expensive
Ahh okay gotcha, yeah 18k is nice! And very durable too. Thank you!! I’m gonna give those stores a look anyway, but yup! The shipping prices eat me up all the time. I was buying some coats online once from the UAE. Tell me why the shipping cost as much as the two coats 🤣 $400 AUD.

…And I still went ahead with the purchase like dummy lol. But never again.

Last edited:
What city ? Also gold shopping in my city is dominated by wogs . I’d reccoment travel to Dubai you’ll always good quality there

What city ? Also gold shopping in my city is dominated by wogs . I’d reccoment travel to Dubai you’ll always good quality there
Girl... Rockhampton :deadrose:

And yeah, sounds about right. Tbh I don't have any Dubai money right now lmaooo, I probably won't for a minute. And I also don't know anyone who's going back home any time soon that could help me out. If it comes to it, I may just have to wait a bit. Which is fine, that won't hurt anything.

So, I live in Australia. I don’t live anywhere with a large African diaspora, or really any diaspora actually. So those local Arab/Indian/African stores that sell all manner of miscellaneous things, including gold, don’t exist here sadly. I’d probably absolutely find them in Sydney or Melbourne, but I won’t be going to either of those places for a while.

Are any of you based in Australia and would be able to help me out with some places that sell gold jewellery? Like in the 21k/22k range, or even above. Or if you’re based in any other country but get your gold from overseas vendors, can you let me know where from?

I have an Emirati friend who was here for a short while before going back, and she’s been a great middle person. Like actually gone out to all the different souks and showed me all of the different pieces and things like that. She’s lovely. I’ve gotten a few gorgeous pieces with her help. But I just want to see what other options might be around too, especially within Australia. As the currency conversion and all that can be jarring. Not to mention the international transaction fee! Imagine my horror when I went to my online banking app and saw that my bank took $90 just as a fee for one of the purchases from a few days prior, I nearly had a stroke lol.

And then just a quick second question to follow: What purity of gold jewellery do you all personally prefer? Whether it be looks wise or durability. As I understand that the purer you go, the softer it gets.

Thank you so much!
Malaysian/singaporean or Vietnamese gold

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
It's cheaper to buy gold and better options in Dubai. You should book a visit there

Trending