Where Are The Descendants of Ubada ibn Al-Samit (RAA)

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
By this point, the audience should be acquainted with Ubada ibn Al-Samit (RAA) and the currently popular thread discussing Omar Sulieman's narration, revealing the accurate description of him as "shadidul udma" – a complexion intensely dark brown, darker than abyad, asmar, and adam, with shadidul udma being the deepest shade. Please refer to the attached image of an Afari East African boy for a visual representation of this complexion type.

when Muqawqis, the 7th century Greek ruler of Egypt, saw the extreme blackness of Ubada ibn Al-Samit's complexion when he stepped forward to speak as the leader of the delegation sent at Muqawqis's request, he shouted: "Get this black man away from me and send forward someone else to speak!" Let's take a closer look at who Ubada ibn Al-Samit was:

He is Ubada the son of Al-Samit the son of Qais the son of Asram the son of Fihr the son of Tha'alaba the son of Ghanim the son of 'Auf the son of Amru the son of 'Auf the son of Al-Khazraj the son of Al-Haritha the son of Amru the son of 'Aamir the son of Haritha the son of Amr al Qais the son of Tha'laba the son of Mazin the son of Al-Azd the son of Al-Ghawth the son of Nabt the son of Malik the son of Zaid the son of Kahlan the son of Saba the son of Yashjab the son of Ya'arub the son of Qahtan. His mother was Qurrat Al-Ain the daughter of Ubada the son of Nadla the son of Malik the son of Ajlaan the son of Zaid the son of Ghanim the son of Saalim the son of 'Auf the son of Amru the son of 'Auf the son of Al-Khazraj the son of Al-Haritha the son of Amru the son of 'Aamir the son of Haritha the son of Amr al Qais the son of Tha'laba the son of Mazin the son of Al-Azd the son of Al-Ghawth the son of Nabt the son of Malik the son of Zaid the son of Kahlan the son of Saba the son of Yashjab the son of Ya'arub the son of Qahtan.

As you can see, Ubada ibn Al-Samit is a descendant of Saba from both his father's side and his mother's side.

I think that it is quite clear now what Ubada ibn Al-Samit looked like and how black-skinned he was. I think that it is also clear how pure-blooded an Arab he was. Let's now take a look at a tribe in Saudi Arabia that takes pride in being a descendant of Ubada ibn Al-Samit. That tribe is called Aal Ubaid. The following is a picture of members of this tribe:

آل عبيد.jpg

As you can see, their complexion is nothing like that of Ubada ibn Al-Samit. The problem is that the general idea today is that their complexion is the complexion of Ubada ibn Al-Samit and the pure Arabs of the past.

Now look at the Saudi Arabs in the picture below. They are originally from Hadramout, Yemen:
عبد الرب ادريس.jpg

Who looks more like the description of Ubada ibn Al-Samit - the people in the first picture or the people in the second picture? The problem is that people think that the people in the first picture look like the pure Arabs of the past and that the people in the second picture are not pure Arabs, but descendants of "African" slaves.

Attachments

• steven.jpg
    steven.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 24