When did the different Cushites originally diverge from each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I want to know when Af Maxaa and Af Maay diverged and also when Somalis, Agew, Oromos, Afar, etc, diverged linguistically and genetically.
@Apollo

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I want to know when Af Maxaa and Af Maay diverged and also when Somalis, Agew, Oromos, Afar, etc, diverged linguistically and genetically.
@Apollo

Af Maxaa and Af Maay diverged in the 1st century while proto-Somalis existed three thousand years ago so I would say east Cushitic branch were probably one group four thousand years ago, maybe?

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
BP = before present

jBPKJYR.png

PS. Only Afars, Sahos, & Somalis are highly Cushitic. The rest of them are mixed with Arabs, Egyptians, Habeshas, Omotics, Nilotics, Hunter-Gatherers and other shit.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
BP = before present

jBPKJYR.png

PS. Only Afars, Sahos, & Somalis are highly Cushitic. The rest of them are mixed with Arabs, Egyptians, Habeshas, Omotics, Nilotics, Hunter-Gatherers and other shit.
So during the time of the Land of Punt which started 4500 BP, we went from being proto-Lowland East Cushitic to proto-South Lowland East Cushitic to proto-Omo-Tana. That's a lot of branching.
:ohhh:

Apollo

VIP
So during the time of the Land of Punt which started 4500 BP, we went from being proto-Lowland East Cushitic to proto-South Lowland East Cushitic to proto-Omo-Tana. That's a lot of branching.
:ohhh:

Somalis stayed the same all the way down. While those others moved around and conquered other groups and mixed with them. So for us, the branching is less relevant.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Somalis stayed the same all the way down. While those others moved around and conquered other groups and mixed with them. So for us, the branching is less relevant.
But this widens the net on who is from the Land of Punt. Far more people have a claim to it than I realised.
:damedamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending