What's you (Somali) city known for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It recently dawned on me that I don't know much about most somali cities outside of my own (Hargeisa) and the capital and a couple of others of course. This might be due to somalis being small minded about qabil and any inquire about other cities is sternly meet with a "Southka waa qashin" :vo3yidw:

Therefor it's up to u Ssp to clear our collective ignorance also this is also for market research but nvm that :damedamn:

I want us to at least name 10 cities and what they're known for. I'm talking attractions, beautiful sights,flora & fauna, cool natural phenomena. Y'all could also just name ur own city and pitch it to us, put it on the map so to speak.

:yousmart:

I have a large family in merca, it is a port city. established in the 7th century... Its also known for its pristine white buildings.

Merca_minaret_moonrise.jpg

Jeesto

VIP
The city i was born in is best known for producing millionaires, some of the best somali poet and songwriters and the city of the livestock market.:salute::ohhhdamn::westbrookswag:

@dhegdheer take a guess

That's all I've ever known. I've never been there, this thread is not for me. Enjoy y'all
zeCcWxu.png

I've never been either yet I can still point prominent parts of hargeisa and SL, I could tell u where sheik ishaaqs tomb rests and the location of laas geel cave paintings. For shame warya :mugshotman:

I have a large family in merca, it is a port city. established in the 7th century... Its also known for its pristine white buildings.

View attachment 16090

Merca is so stunning :banderas: I remember the first time I stumbled on it while doing some random google searches. I was shook :rejoice:
4225a4bf4d2da806951ec73e23d51b33.jpg

They have most of their pristine buildings intact, unlike mogadishu. I want this architecture to become the norm in all of somalia :ahh:

I've never been either yet I can still point prominent parts of hargeisa and SL, I could tell u where sheik ishaaqs tomb rests and the location of laas geel cave paintings. For shame warya :mugshotman:

Merca is so stunning :banderas: I remember the first time I stumbled on it while doing some random google searches. I was shook :rejoice:
4225a4bf4d2da806951ec73e23d51b33.jpg

They have most of their pristine buildings intact, unlike mogadishu. I want this architecture to become the norm in all of somalia :ahh:
You may continue dreaming as you won't ever go there in your life

The city i was born in is best known for producing millionaires, some of the best somali poet and songwriters and the city of the livestock market.:salute::ohhhdamn::westbrookswag:

@dhegdheer take a guess

:cosbyhmm: Hargeisa???

We are know for being the most religious tuulo in Somalia. And cerigaabo is the most beautiful truly I must be blessed:ahh:

Not bad. I'm getting mountains and hills from google, must be a nice view. Do you have a river running thru it as well or did google lie?

Buuhoodle is known for the birth of Ismacil More , Cali Dhux , Cumar Cigaal , Sayid Abdullah Hassan and also the ciry where the dervish movement began .

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
My family have been forced to invest in Burao and Las Anod due to the irrelevance and remoteness of our tuulo :ileycry:

Despite being so irrelevant, it is known for being the birthplace of this guy and as a show of respect he massacred whole sections of my sub clan:tocry:

statue.jpg

Bohol

VIP
West Burco - Land of conservative people and perhaps the largest livestock market in Somali areas (Saylada).

Status
Not open for further replies.