What's with immigrants coming here and not learning English???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of coming here. How do they expect to work if they can't speak the language?

The amount of times I've come across people who've been here for years (even decades!) and can't speak a word of English is insane.

I'm not trying to sound like some stormfront nutcase, but English classes should be mandatory for any immigrant/refugee who can't speak English.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
For many, they're old when they get here and old habits don't die quickly. For others, they have no incentive to learn it because the government babies them and gives them welfare for each of their approximately 800 kids. Why be bothered with a new language if you're not going to use it anyway? Others genuinely try hard but can't put words together (i.e. new Vietnamese)

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
For many, they're old when they get here and old habits don't die quickly. For others, they have no incentive to learn it because the government babies them and gives them welfare for each of their approximately 800 kids. Why be bothered with a new language if you're not going to use it anyway? Others genuinely try hard but can't put words together (i.e. new Vietnamese)
fear allah and return to islam

If they aren't fluent in the country's official language in 2 years, they should be deported. You need to be able to contribute to society.

In Sweden they have like a mandatory school for immigrants and you can't get a job without going all classes (I think).

Too harsh

Not harsh at all. You are able to learn a new language fluently in just a year if you are in the environment to do so.

This will force immigrants to establish relationships and connections with everyone and not just their ethnic group.

The most successful immigrants are those who interact with everyone.

What's the point of coming here. How do they expect to work if they can't speak the language?

The amount of times I've come across people who've been here for years (even decades!) and can't speak a word of English is insane.

I'm not trying to sound like some stormfront nutcase, but English classes should be mandatory for any immigrant/refugee who can't speak English.

Majority are the Chinese that worked in their own business, neighbourhood and don't feel the need to learn English. You live in China town(where doctor, real estate, lawyer is Chinese ).

Last edited:
Majority are the Chinese that worked in their own business, neighbourhood and don't feel the need to learn English. You live in China town(where doctor, real estate, lawyer is Chinese ).
Over here it's very prevalent in the Bangladeshi/Pakistani communities.

I was watching this TV show a while back following people who handle government housing. There was this Bangladeshi family. The parent were here for decades and couldn't speak a word of English!!! Not a word, needed a translator.
I'm not exactly sure, but I think her son's (middle aged) also couldn't speak English. Wtf lmao!!!

Over here it's very prevalent in the Bangladeshi/Pakistani communities.

I was watching this TV show a while back following people who handle government housing. There was this Bangladeshi family. The parent were here for decades and couldn't speak a word of English!!! Not a word, needed a translator.
I'm not exactly sure, but I think her son's (middle aged) also couldn't speak English. Wtf lmao!!!

Same also with Latino in states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts