Whats the best hair lotion for somali hair?

I want to grow a healthy afro and need solid hair lotion. I have tried the pink one, siliid macsaro and jamaican black castor oil. They all sh1t and my hair has rejected them all. What do you guys use?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I want to grow a healthy afro and need solid hair lotion. I have tried the pink one, siliid macsaro and jamaican black castor oil. They all sh1t and my hair has rejected them all. What do you guys use?

Somalis all don't have the same hair needs. Light oils like olive, avocado, argan and jobaba work best on me. Not heavy ones that weigh my hair down.

At most I might use coconut milk on my hair (not oil) before I wash it out.

Somalis all don't have the same hair needs. Light oils like olive, avocado, argan and jobaba work best on me. Not heavy ones that weigh my hair down.

At most I might use coconut milk on my hair (not oil) before I wash it out.

Im thinking of trying this. My hair the more it grows the drier it becomes. I also shampoo it everyday and been told Thats bad thibg
shea-moisture-coconut-and-hibiscus-curl-and-style-milk-i.jpg

Muji

VIP
Im thinking of trying this. My hair the more it grows the drier it becomes. I also shampoo it everyday and been told Thats bad thibg
View attachment 77933

I’ve heard a lot of great reviews about this brand. You need a leave in conditioner or a moisturiser without sulphate. Sulphate dries out your hair and you should avoid.

This is the only leave in that works for my hair. Not heavy or greasy.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also you should do a protein hair mask if you want your hair to grow. Eggs ( rince with cold water or you will have scrambled eggs in your hair)/Yoghurt.

The pink one? Ohh hell no. I dislike that one way too much chemicals. Have you tried Argan oil? Almond oil? My favourite is Shea butter obviously when heated up. Good luck.

I agree the people who said sulphate free sham/con. And protein mask.
*Bonus perhaps try avocados oil, my mum use to mix some oil together. Her hair grow like crazy.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
And leave the house smelling jbco and silid macsaro :susp:

... and if all the above recommendations fail, just go with horse hair. Or be bold like me and go bald.
horse-hair-style-2-638.jpg

or
2259.jpg

Trending