What year did somali ppl in mass leave to the west

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s been about 24 years damn, I remember when I first moved to Minnesota in 2010 and started high school, my teacher asked me when I came to America lool tf I was like I was born here..she looked so embarrassed. Teachers wouldn’t ask that today all the somalis in high school right now were definitely born here

So it’s been about 24 years damn, I remember when I first moved to Minnesota in 2010 and started high school, my teacher asked me when I came to America lool tf I was like I was born here..she looked so embarrassed. Teachers wouldn’t ask that today all the somalis in high school right now were definitely born here
This one Indian lady I was caring for asked when I came to the country too, she said my English was really good (she speaks like an cadaan woman and graduated from Oxford)
Waan yaabay :farmajoyaab:

Gambar

VIP
Most people who came in the 80s or early 90s had means or a family member in the West. I would say 1996, when refugees were being resettled into the West.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I remember there were few of us pre 2000, no one really knew what we were, then there was a huge influx of Somalis in middle school. I personally loved it. I learned a lot about my identity and language. One thing about Somalis is that we tend to mix in real quick, in no time a lot of the new comers were driving, working, graduating etc :)

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
60s and 70s for those who went to study abroad.

After 1990s, 1991 started the civil war and then followed by black hawk down, so my guess is that it was in 1993--->

Status
Not open for further replies.