What was your biggest experience of “culture shock” in another country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Italy, couldn’t find a single vegan establishment for miles. I cried a lot.
Went to Germany, The Simpsons was dubbed. I felt very offended.
Went to Scotland, people stood very close to me and spoke to me about the weather. I melted. A woman even drove me home when I went shopping because I had so many bags.

The UK: No trash cans and the smell of piss everywhere. Segregation is taken to an extreme here.

Israel: The number of security measures on every larger public space. The open display of racism by religious jewish towards to any gentile.

Russia: The men take any rejection as an insult to their masculinity.

UAE: The extravaganza of everything, it screams "new money" and the overuse of cooling system, I somehow managed to cool down.

Rural Somalia: It is straight taken out of old movies and the lack of knowledge of people. Their knowledge of the world was so naive and limited.

Went to Italy, couldn’t find a single vegan establishment for miles. I cried a lot.
Went to Germany, The Simpsons was dubbed. I felt very offended.
Went to Scotland, people stood very close to me and spoke to me about the weather. I melted. A woman even drove me home when I went shopping because I had so many bags.
1) Italy,
WoW you're vegan first somali vegan I've ever seen
lol so the steretoypes about southen europeans loving meat are true.
2) 3)WoW what a sweet lady
lol are you some sort of intorvert
wow you've been across Europe haven't you
don't tell you've got family in all those places mashallah

1) Italy,
lo so the steretoypes about southen europeans loving meat are true.

First? I dropped meat from both from Animals and Somali animals :trumpsmirk:

The UK: No trash cans and the smell of piss everywhere. Segregation is taken to an extreme here.

Israel: The number of security measures on every larger public space. The open display of racism by religious jewish towards to any gentile.

UAE: The extravaganza of everything, it screams "new money" and the overuse of cooling system, I somehow managed to cool down.

Rural Somalia: It is straight taken out of old movies and the lack of knowledge of people. Their knowledge of the world was so naive and limited.
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk interesting one
1) UK I'VE GOT TO AGREE
but that's because you probably went to some ugly highly populated place London right?
Segregation?
2) WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN ISRAEL
3) UAE i've got to agree the big buildings in construction everywhere the oversized everything made me sick to my stomach
4) expand on Russia
5) are you a girl and are you really lesbian like it say s on you're profile

1) Italy,
lol so the steretoypes about southen europeans loving meat are true.

Introvert? Nah, Londoner. I mainly went to the Middle East but there was nothing shocking there. Ofc I’ve got family in those places xD

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk interesting one
1) UK I'VE GOT TO AGREE
but that's because you probably went to some ugly highly populated place London right?
Segregation?
2) WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN ISRAEL
3) UAE i've got to agree the big buildings in construction everywhere the oversized everything made me sick to my stomach
4) expand on Russia
5) are you a girl and are you really lesbian like it say s on you're profile

The UK: I was in both London and Manchester

Israel: I did work for Amnesty international in Jerusalem and lived with a jewish friend.

UAE:
Agreed.

Russia:
A bunch of danish friends convinced to celebrate my 18th years birthday in Russia.
I was impressionable, and it was fun but messed up.

I'm in a doubt at times too :hmm:

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri

Israel: I did work for Amnesty international in Jerusalem and lived with a jewish friend.

UAE:
Agreed.

Russia:
A bunch of danish friends convinced to celebrate my 18th years birthday in Russia.

You been around gyal

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Ethiopia - everywhere is a toilet
Morocco - the amount of prostitutes and flamboyant men
Egypt - no one follows any rules! It was also the first time I've ever seen someone do a 3-point-turn on a dual carriageway
Canada - the amount of good looking Somali girls :lawd:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Hoorta whats up with Russians and their fetish for black women???? Seriously this phenomenon has to be investigated. They are not exposed to Somalis, if they see Somali women they go cray. Even Turkish men go crazy for Somali women. WHY??? lol

When I went to Saudi everyone was inviting me to eat with them it was crazy then one time I was having a meal and it was too big so I told a random guy to come and eat with me I thought he would decline, nigga got a chair and tucked in, then after we ate he got me a cup of tea and some desserts. Reer Madinah where by far the best people I have ever met wallahi they were serving people food when they themselves hadn't broke their fast yet.

Man I love being Arab and Qurayshi wallahi :it0tdo8: Awoowe Darood may Allah azza wajal widen your grave and reward you immensely.:cool:

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
When I went to Saudi everyone was inviting me to eat with them it was crazy then one time I was having a meal and it was too big so I told a random guy to come and eat with me I thought he would decline, nigga got a chair and tucked in, then after we ate he got me a cup of tea and some desserts. Reer Madinah where by far the best people I have ever met wallahi they were serving people food when they themselves hadn't broke their fast yet.

Man I love being Arab and Qurayshi wallahi :it0tdo8: Awoowe Darood may Allah azza wajal widen your grave and reward you immensely.:cool:
how do you know you are a Qurayshi.. But yeah I dont doubt the hospitality of reer Madinah nor reer Makkah even tough i never been there

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Ethiopia - everywhere is a toilet
Morocco - the amount of prostitutes and flamboyant men
Egypt - no one follows any rules! It was also the first time I've ever seen someone do a 3-point-turn on a dual carriageway
Canada - the amount of good looking Somali girls :lawd:
I said the samething when i visited UK last year :pachah1:

I guess the grass is always greener on other side:manny:

UAE:
Agreed.

Russia:

:ulyin:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I live in America so I wzs kind of disappointed when I went to candada. its literally basically the same thing as the USA but just more peaceful and besides having stuff translated in Spanish they have things translated in French.
I so confused because I didn't see any French people at all when I was in candada. I stayed in edementon for a few days and drove around Canada actuatlly with my dad to visit other family members spread out through Canada. spent hours driving through the country side to visit other family members..

I live in America so I wzs kind of disappointed when I went to candada. its literally basically the same thing as the USA but just more peaceful and besides having stuff translated in Spanish they have things translated in French.
I so confused because I didn't see any French people at all when I was in candada. I stayed in edementon for a few days and drove around Canada actuatlly with my dad to visit other family members spread out through Canada. spent hours driving through the country side to visit other family members..
I think it’s only the Québec region and this other place where they have a french speaking population. Isn’t edmonton where lots of somalis live

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
I went to Germany found out they had soft accents and were nice
I went to Djibouti they all spoke fluent Arabic
I went to Iceland and they acted like they saw a gem although i saw plenty of Madows.
I went to Poland, i was shocked to see Muslims in A small town near Auschwitz.

I went to Germany found out they had soft accents and were nice
I went to Djibouti they all spoke fluent Arabic
I went to Iceland and they acted like they saw a gem although i saw plenty of Madows.
I went to Poland, i was shocked to see Muslims in A small town near Auschwitz.
Poland yaa ku geeye
And iceland
Quite the adventurer you are
But still very fascinating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts