What to expect from a group interview for a job

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys I just wanted to know what kind of questions do people get in group interview or one on one and what are the most appropriate things to say

I’m nervous if a man sticks out his hand and I ruin it the moment and say I can’t and everything gets awkward from there

I don’t know what to wear. What if they reject me if I wear a long skirt. These are just shaydan whispers I know. Either way I wear a hijab so jeans ama jeans laan you’re still a terrorist to them.

How do you fake your confidence?

Group interviews aren't that bad. What kind of questions (other than the standard interview questions) you'll get depends entirely on the type of job you're applying for. So read up on the position and firm you're applying for and at. Be prepared without sounding rehearsed, interact with not just the interviewer but also pay attention to what the other interviewees say. Remember to ask questions.

Group interviews aren't that bad. What kind of questions (other than the standard interview questions), you'll get depends entirely on the type of job you're applying for. So read up on the position and firm you're applying for and at. Be prepared without sounding rehearsed, interact with not just the interviewer but also pay attention to what the other interviewees say. Remember to ask questions.

Thank you just a retail job (first job though)

What are the standard questions you get?
I don’t know what’s the appropriate answer to: -what makes you the best fit for the job
- why do you want the job ect

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If it is meant for u, it will be yours, if not, FK IT!

But expect a question like

What is your weakness? Answer, i am a perfectionist. So that means i forget myself and give 200% to my job!

I don’t know what’s the appropriate answer to: -what makes you the best fit for the job
I one time jokingly said, I always wanted to put books in shelves and have had experience doing it before, for this low library job. I didn't get the job :francis:

hey guys I just wanted to know what kind of questions do people get in group interview or one on one and what are the most appropriate things to say

I’m nervous if a man sticks out his hand and I ruin it the moment and say I can’t and everything gets awkward from there

I don’t know what to wear. What if they reject me if I wear a long skirt. These are just shaydan whispers I know. Either way I wear a hijab so jeans ama jeans laan you’re still a terrorist to them.

Sit next to and interact with the most beautiful woman in the group. There will be a bias towards her if there are male interviewing.......

Sit next to and interact with the most beautiful woman in the group. There will be a bias towards her if there are male interviewing.......

What I don’t understand I’m a female so If I sit next to a beautiful girl he’ll pick her over me most likely it’s gonna be a non Muslim so I will always be deemed as ugly to them

I once did a roleplay at my college for a group interview. Although it wasn't even the real thing it's actually kinda nerve racking. Make sure you know a lot of stuff about the job and the company. Also give them a lot of eye contact and sit with confidence on your chair. Some of these people give you such hard questions make sure if you don't understand what they said the first time tell them can you repeat it please. Nothing wrong with saying that.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
I would say remember to smile and make sure you greet the interviewers/interviewees from the beginning.

Also be proactive make sure you stand out so they remember you. Plus if it’s a group team work thing then make sure you don’t seem like you’re taking over. Make sure the less assertive people contribute by inviting them to the task. This shows you look out for others.

GoodLuck iA :salute:

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I would say put on a smiley persona and make sure you greet the interviewers/interviewees from the beginning.

Also be proactive make sure you stand out so they remember you. Plus if it’s a group team work thing then make sure you don’t seem like you’re taking over. Make sure the less assertive people contribute by inviting them to the task. This shows you look out for others.

GoodLuck iA :salute:

u have a wicked personality. do u suffer from depression?

Muji

VIP
Put on make up

Go on Glassdoor and look for commonly asked retail questions for that store

Smile

Listen attentively

Thanks the interviewers at the end

And smile again

Being proactive and friendly is super important in retail roles so you want that to come across

Make sure you dress smart but no too smart.

The group assessment for retail is weird, they will make you do random things like build a tower out of marshmallows and pasta. It is to see how you react to your new colleagues and how vocal and stuck in you get with the tasks.

Remember to be friendly and polite in how you get your ideas across. The group interview is piss trust me.

Good luck.

@Buraanbur911

Ignore a lot of the things they said above if you are from the UK, I have done this several times in the past and will be able to guide you better.

They start of by asking you to introduce yourself. State your name and that I am student looking for a part time job. They will spent time teaching you about the companies values, remember them, they might test you on it.

They might or might not do the group assessment and one on one interview. They will also ask for your availability. Make sure to just be engaged in the conversation and to appear sociable.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

I’ve had many interviews over the years because I keep a tap on better and bigger opportunities. I get calls for interviews and I go in.

Always and always make sure you study about the company you are seeking employment from. What do they do ? What’s their mission ?

Second most popular question I was asked is “ why should we hire you “

Another question is “for an example, you had a situation where .....(they’ll insert a role play...”. Make sure you make up shit that happened to you in your previous job where you dealt with such a scenario

Another question “what’s your strength...weakness”

Another “introduce yourself ..”

Another question “ is there a question you got for us” (do not ask them your salary gaajayahow”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending