What should I do

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
You should do what's right and protect that child. First get someone who's going to willingly foster the child, then call the CPS and report the woman, make sure the CPS hands over the child to the person who agreed to foster him.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I don't like to snitch someone to the authorities but if the abuse is too much and the parent isn't willing to stop it then you didn't give me a choice.

To save her some serious charge and loosing her kids I would scare her off by asking one of my friends to call her house and act as a child protection case worker implying that they believe she is abusing her kids and they would start investigating this matter and she would most likely loose her kids if found guilty, that abusive parent would most likely will stop and think about this call every time she tries to beat her kids.
:trumpsmirk:

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I don't like to snitch someone to the authorities but if the abuse is too much and the parent isn't willing to stop it then you didn't give me a choice.

To save her some serious charge and loosing her kids I would scare her off by asking one of my friends to call her house and act as a child protection case worker implying that they believe she is abusing her kids and they would start investigating this matter and she would most likely loose her kids if found guilty, that abusive parent would most likely will stop and think about this call every time she tries to beat her kids.
:trumpsmirk:
That's a good idea, I'm going to put on a white accent and call...

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
That's a good idea, I'm going to put on a white accent and call...

Yes I know a friend of mine who did this to his sister, she used to abuse her kids quite often,miskinta not realizing that her brother was behind this called him crying saying the CPS are investigating her and she might go to jail, she never beat up her kids again after that.
:mjlol:
A gaal shouldn't be the one telling you not to abuse your own kids.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Though I'd be concerned about the child's well-being. I'm afraid that having them in the system increases the probability of greater abuse and also being taken in by a family that does not share the same religious beliefs. There aren't many Somali families that offer to do this, fewer in the UK I presume. And my worry is them also treating them as second-rate to their kids. I don't like differential treatment. My concern would be them not going to a consider family or just being in it to pocket money rather than a more noble reason. And if I were ever to adopt I'd treat the child in parity with my biological children.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Though I'd be concerned about the child's well-being. I'm afraid that having them in the system increases the probability of greater abuse and also being taken in by a family that does not share the same religious beliefs. There aren't many Somali families that offer to do this, fewer in the UK I presume. And my worry is them also treating them as second-rate to their kids. I don't like differential treatment. My concern would be them not going to a consider family or just being in it to pocket money rather than a more noble reason. And if I were ever to adopt I'd treat the child in parity with my biological children.
It's so hard, that's what's stopping me :yloezpe:I've read foster children go through even worst abuse/sexual in their foster homes.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's so hard, that's what's stopping me :yloezpe:I've read foster children go through even worst abuse/sexual in their foster homes.

Exactly, I have heard about Somali kids that were more psychologically traumatized because of it contributing to poorer life choices i.e. higher incarceration and out-of-wedlock births. Sounds like worse life outcomes than the current situation. I simply don't trust the system to do everything it can to protect the safety of children.

Trending