What really caused the Somali State Collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamalNFD

JAMAL
In late 88' to 89', the Somali army split and Soldiers began fighting themselves. It basically became Hawiye,Dir & Mj vs Marexan & Ogaden.
-The Somali public basically got angry after Said Barre refused to step aside for reconciliation. The regime lost all credibility.
- If only he had stepped down in 1986 after the accident, his legacy would've been flawless.
- His reign as president ended in my opinion in 1986 when the regime knew it was in trouble. It was broke and American aid was too little. The government began implementing tribalism by first reconciling and buying off SSDF leaders with the hope of bringing the largest Darood tribe to its side.
- Before this, his government was a national government and treated all tribes the same.

That was only the inner circle. The Somali army that was dealing with SNM even as late as 88' comprised all clans
Yeah and it was well known that after the bombing many non-mod soldiers started defecting and return home, their was a famous instances of non-darood pilots refusing to carry out the bombing and instead fly to djibouti.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
My grandma recently told me that in 1989 they were in Somalia and the Siad Barre planned to attack the Hawiyes the same way he attacked the Isaaqs. They were praying Asr in and they could hear jet fighters in the sky and they thought they were all going to die. Lo and behold most of the pilots happened to be locals and they disarmed the home from the plane and instead flew to djibouti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts