What makes Canadian Somalis so unreligious compared to all the other Somali diaspora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Canada is an inclusive country. Anyone can become Canadian.

Eurotrash s feel secluded as they can't become Swedish etc and thus stick to being religious to seek identity.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Could someone explain the reason why?

Canada was one of the first refugee friendly destination. between 1985 -1995

They have been living in luxury for longer, good times breeds Godless ness

Less things to do in canada. Not as many universities as the US, limited jobs and oppurtunities compared to the US and so theyre more shaqolaan thab the US diaspora. Shaqolaanimo leads to resorting to drugs sometimes as a source of income for some of these boys or sometimes as entertainment. I wouldnt say less religious because imo the somalis in the US arent anymore religious than them but we just dont drink as much i guess.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
I think there is no class/group divide in North America and everyone associates with everyone over there. Are most of their friends white and black? Where else do they get this gaalo influence from? Even their parents have not stopped them from being influenced by gaalo. Do the parents also befriend gaalo? They all need to go back to Somalia permanently for dhaqan celis

FendiFanatic

Freedom of Speech
Less things to do in canada. Not as many universities as the US, limited jobs and oppurtunities compared to the US and so theyre more shaqolaan thab the US diaspora. Shaqolaanimo leads to resorting to drugs sometimes as a source of income for some of these boys or sometimes as entertainment. I wouldnt say less religious because imo the somalis in the US arent anymore religious than them but we just dont drink as much i guess.
The average Somali Canadian makes 10k more than their American counterparts in fact American Somalis have the lowest income rate in the whole country unlike Canadian Somalis

There's a new movement going on among muslims in mainly in North America but more in Canada where they believe that they can all interpret Islam the way they see fit and that they can follow their own personal interpretation of Islam.

They call themselves "progressive liberal muslims". They try to mold the religion into western ideals. They're also more accepting of differences and tone down on the more controversial parts.

This liberal Islam is more appealing because they feel very accepted, integrated and Canadian. Salafi/wahabi Islam is less popular here because most of us feel like we belong unlike european muslims

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.