What kinda Somali wedding cost this much? is this realistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
So I was at the local mosque and The sheekh took out his laptop and did a power point presentation showing

How much a wedding would cost The list was just crazy I was sitting there thinking who can afford all that shit

Venue+ Artist and performers 75000kr/ 8700$

Food and drinks
45000kr/5260$

Labiis the chairs you rent for the wedding
15000kr/ 1760$

Dont remember the rest of The list but the end total was 22100$

If its real its crazy soo much on one Day

Why not have normal wedding nothing too fancy and go on a trip to Zanzibar or the Maldives and save the rest

waraabe

Your superior
Why are these sheikhs doing a PowerPoint for other people's wedding? It's the couple's prerogative if they want to spend 50k for their wedding. These sheikhs need to mind their own business. Using the mosque to gossip and dissect folks decisions. They should mind their own business and use the mosque to worship Allah swt.

We shouldn't be wasting money tho

Why are these sheikhs doing a PowerPoint for other people's wedding? It's the couple's prerogative if they want to spend 50k for their wedding. These sheikhs need to mind their own business. Using the mosque to gossip and dissect folks decisions. They should mind their own business and use the mosque to worship Allah swt.

You took the words right out of my mouth, like :draketf:

And why would you be concerned about how much some one else wedding cost ? Are you paying for their wedding walee wa yaab .

In some cultures the relatives, friends, neighbors contribute to the wedding. Everyone chips in. What I don't understand is these Somalis are up in arms because their cheap asses can't afford a lavish wedding. Even the sheikhs are mad. For what? Nobody asked a penny from you. Be happy for the couple. This is the reason why our country is not succeeding, we have too much xasiids. Smh

I'm guessing their train of thought is if this trend keeps on going, I won't be able to afford a wedding in the future with my ceyr money :drakegrin:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Well The sheekh did mention that usually the couple have talked about what they want but than the parents get too involved and that's when it gets expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending