What is your most expensive possession?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't say nothing cheesy like "my hooyo" or anything like that

Mine would have to be a 600€ 2-piece suit from Roberto Cavalli :denzelnigga::fittytousand:

Apollo

VIP
Probably my MacBook

MacBooks are nice, but you are getting ripped off big time.:donkey:You can find the same specs on laptops worth 60% the price of MacBook. :hehehe:

Apple are marketing geniuses for getting people to overpay so much for a brand.

F

Forfon

MacBooks are nice, but you are getting ripped off big time.:donkey:You can find the same specs on laptops worth 60% the price of MacBook. :hehehe:

Oh well, I'm an iPhone user, I use Apple TV. As well as Apple Pay. I like it.

S

syntax

@Forfon lol Don't listen to him. Sure their overpriced, but you are paying for a premium. If we really are getting ripped off so much, why doesApple continue to stay the most profitable company year after year and consistently crushing the competition. We do vote with our wallets after all. :king:

I'm far from a Apple fanboy but i recognize their greatness and the innovation they've brought to the technology world. They were the first to commercialize touch screen phones and brought us the new dawn of touch screen smartphones. MacBooks are great too, they have the best trackpads and the solid aluminum unibody is one of the most durable laptop materials out t
here. Not to mention how elegant and simple, while being extremely complex, their operating system is for Macs. They last a long ass time, I've had mine since 2012 and still truckin on strong. \
From my experience, I noticed a lot of software engineers, different engineers, and people in the science world use MacBooks a lot. Just take a look at the following pics below;

NASA Control Room:

120806_nasa_macs.jpg

Google Engineers presenting a new product:

macbook-pro-users-at-google-io-2011-image-004.jpg

Scientists at CERN (Largest and most expensive physics operation):

cern2-1.png

End of the day, if you can afford it, MacBooks are the most reliable and because of it's UNIX envoirment provide way more tools for developers and scientists than Windows can offer. They're also sexy af. Just because you can't afford it, don't knock it. But yeah they are overpriced. So are other high end laptops like Lenevo/IBM Thinkpads. http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/w-series/

Apollo

VIP
@syntax ^ I was thinking more along the lines for the average consumer. Not high end users like scientists, designers, programmers etc. For average joes the benefit of a MacBook do not outweigh the extra cost.

PS. Most non-Apple users in the West can easily afford Apple products. So don't through that nonsense around. People just don't want to overpay or have issues with Apple's policies.

S

syntax

@Amun I used scientists and engineers as a example because it shows that if they are using them then they have to be a good product. Their reliable and work really well. Also they're really easy to use. I'm pretty sure @Forfon is a student, which is a huge market Apple targets. Go to any campus in North America and like 40-60% of the laptops are MacBooks. All my friends from first year (3-4 years ago), still have their MacBooks. For whatever reason, actually theres a bunch, Windows laptops tend to not last as long. You are paying for that reliability, the manufacturing premium because they use good materials, and the software experience. You can spend 700 on a laptop, but chances are you'll have to spend another 700 (or more) for another laptop after several years when it slows and breaks down.

T

Tokio

my beastly gaming pc, it cost me £1200+ :mybusiness:

Apple sells the logo...they could sell xaar with apple logo on it for £900+ and people will still buy it siilaanyolaugh:ayaanswag:

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Her dahab that her hooyo showered her with on her wedding day ...:hemad::hemad::hemad:

S

syntax

my beastly gaming pc, it cost me £1200+ :mybusiness:

Apple sells the logo...they could sell xaar with apple logo on it for £900+ and people will still buy it siilaanyolaugh:ayaanswag:

lol @ sells logo. That's so far from the truth but ok. Not even gonna bother.

Also lol @ comparing a Windows gaming pc with a Mac. Macbooks/Mac desktops aren't even made for gaming and most of the people that use em don't game either. So I don't get why you are comparing the two.

T

Tokio

lol @ sells logo. That's so far from the truth but ok. Not even gonna bother.

Also lol @ comparing a Windows gaming pc with a Mac. Macbooks/Mac desktops aren't even made for gaming and most of the people that use em don't game either. So I don't get why you are comparing the two.
huh? where do you see me comparing the two, fam?

S

syntax

it's kewl, brofist!

Idk why people laugh at that though. Isn't it amazing how much pull a company has over a market. We should be applauding apple for having a great business model without sacrificing their technological integrity and continuing to innovate. Look at the iPad, iPod, Macbook Air and iPhone. All of them extremely innovative and revolutionary products in their fields. iPad gave a surge to the tablet industry. iPods i don't even need to talk about, we all know how significant they were from 2002-2008. iPhones literally kickstarted the touchscreen smartphone generation. That's why Apple can slap the tufaax on some xaar and people will buy it. Their track record speaks for them.

Apollo

VIP
Idk why people laugh at that though. Isn't it amazing how much pull a company has over a market. We should be applauding apple for having a great business model without sacrificing their technological integrity and continuing to innovate. Look at the iPad, iPod, Macbook Air and iPhone. All of them extremely innovative and revolutionary products in their fields. iPad gave a surge to the tablet industry. iPods i don't even need to talk about, we all know how significant they were from 2002-2008. iPhones literally kickstarted the touchscreen smartphone generation. That's why Apple can slap the tufaax on some xaar and people will buy it. Their track record speaks for them.

Apple Inc. is currently also the most valuable company by market capitalization and projected to be the first company to pass the 1 trillion dollar mark.
They are doing something right. :mjswag:

Status
Not open for further replies.