What is the most self-hating comment you've ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
I know this topic has been discussed a lot :wow1: but I feel like I've heard some seriously shocking things in my time

My UK cousins (born and raised) told me they see themselves as English rather than Somali :wtf: I was shocked to my core, even british people don't know what wtf british culture is, everything is imported wtf do they mean ?

I know Indians in the uk are white people booty clappers but somali uff:westbrookwtf:

I know many Somali girls who have the Somali flag in their twitter name/bio and discuss somali beauty 24/7 , but they always get shocked when I tell them I've been to Somali multiple times and when I ask then when they are going or if they ever plan to they laugh in my face and say "That shithole???" :tacky:

everything isnt imported in british culture. I hear people say that about western culture all the time, their culture is just hidden in plain sight. its so mainstream to the point people dont even see it anymore.

And if your born and raised in a place you've got every right to claim that place. I used to think i knew everything about somali culture until i went over there.

SumMo

very lowkey
Uff, there are many self-hating people in every nationality.
:susp:

I don’t know of many self-hating somalis. But this one time, I was speaking to this british somali guy. He kept telling me how he liked my ‘racial ambigiouity’. (In all honesty, I don’t see it. Many people in Somalia look like me.)

Either way, this guy was a clear Adeer Tom, he even admitted this to me. So I wasn’t surprised or anything. He kept saying some lowkey racists stuff, and he was bashing somali girls in the Uk for some odd reason.
:ayaanswag:

He would call them ‘ratchet’ and he would go on to praise canadian somali girls. Like wtf, the guy was delirious af. He was also a clear f-boy. Let’s just say I didn’t speak to him much more after this.

Another one is through a somali ex-friend of mine. He was a IT student I befriended during my first year in uni, and he would tell me about his adeers who were all Uncle Toms. I never met them personally tho, but I know enough to be disgusted. uff:vqbuyv0: The stories he told me was pretty sickening.

I personally like it when somalis can be fully proud of their somalinimo and their heritage. Like I can’t imagine anything better than being somali. Alhamdullilah for our somalinimo.

F3C187AF-5F85-47F2-93A4-CE273F71A3AD.gif

Last edited:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
as a Texan American Somali. I don't deny being Somali at all. proud Somali Texan. I'm interested in learning more of the Somali culture. I grew up here all my life so the only Somali culture I have been around was in the heavily Somali populated areas I use to live in(san Diego California) . I do plan on visiting Somalia in the future. Before I this year though I wasn't interested at all. Only gained interest after seeing some YouTube vids of a Somali vlogger. Country looks beautiful. I also want to learn Somali.

You can classify me as an Uncle Tom. Love the country I was born and raised in. Respect it very well. Happy I was born here compared to other countries.I had a lot of respect for law enforcement as well so the Uncle Tom in me helped me stay away from committing crimes.

KREAM

"Can you bring equilibrium?"
An old highschool friend had a serious self-hate problem. In all fairness the girl looked like a model, but she had darker skin. She hated her skin (she had a beautiful skin tone) and always said she wished she had mine.

She was wilding, she was obsessed with marrying out. She hated Somali men. Like really hated Somali men. Said they we're all skinny and ugly. She would say she's brazilian because she was so embarrassed of what she was. I remember telling her I had a crush on a cute farax in HS, she made the ugliest stinkface and said "Ew you're too pretty for a Somali dude, like why" wtf.

Last I heard she's looking for an Arab to marry. She was a huge dhegcaas bootyclapper for real. She worships Arab dudes. She especially hates her qabil too (Hawiye), she'd roast her own I'm like that's your dad you're roasting damn.

I couldn't stay friends with a self-hater who was a dhegcaas lover :camby:

An old highschool friend had a serious self-hate problem. In all fairness the girl looked like a model, but she had darker skin. She hated her skin (she had a beautiful skin tone) and always said she wished she had mine.

She was wilding, she was obsessed with marrying out. She hated Somali men. Like really hated Somali men. Said they we're all skinny and ugly. She would say she's brazilian because she was so embarrassed of what she was. I remember telling her I had a crush on a cute farax in HS, she made the ugliest stinkface and said "Ew you're too pretty for a Somali dude, like why" wtf.

Last I heard she's looking for an Arab to marry. She was a huge dhegcaas bootyclapper for real. She worships Arab dudes. She especially hates her qabil too (Hawiye), she'd roast her own I'm like that's your dad you're roasting damn.

I couldn't stay friends with a self-hater who was a dhegcaas lover :camby:

Toronto? :ohlord:

I have noticed that Hawiye girls in the diaspora are big time self haters when it comes to their qabiil. The online kaftan is turning them against their brothers and fathers:drakelaugh:

SumMo

very lowkey

I have noticed that Hawiye girls in the diaspora are big time self haters when it comes to their qabiil. The online kaftan is turning them against their brothers and fathers:drakelaugh:
Hey. Leave us Hawiye girls alone. We ain’t all like her.
:ufdup:

Last edited:

KREAM

Yeah yo I didn't even know her clan for the longest time(I honestly didn't care to ask it came up though). Turns out she hid it from me and lied (She said she was Isaaq) bc of my clan. I didn't give a shit but that's how much she hated being hawiye. Like damn have some pride.

SumMo

very lowkey
Yeah yo I didn't even know her clan for the longest time(I honestly didn't care to ask it came up though). Turns out she hid it from me and lied (She said she was Isaaq) bc of my clan. I didn't give a shit but that's how much she hated being hawiye. Like damn have some pride.
That girl sounds like she is mentally disturbed.. ngl.

Canadian Somali girls kill me, they know so much about qabiils yet they can't speak the language properly :chrisfreshhah:

Yeah I ran into some Hawiye girls at my Uni over the years that wouldn't mention their clans, while you have Isaaqs that have the Somaliland Flag tattooed onto their forehead (not literally) :drakelaugh:

KREAM

Canadian Somali girls kill me, they know so much about qabiils yet they can't speak the language properly :chrisfreshhah:

Yeah I ran into some Hawiye girls at my Uni over the years that wouldn't mention their clans, while you have Isaaqs that have the Somaliland Flag tattooed onto their forehead :drakelaugh:

:dead1:

There's no shame in being Hawiye. That girl was a lost cause

KREAM

To be honest, she sounds like a dark skinned relative of mine (a male). I didn’t want to mention him, because I wanted to spare him (and my tribe) the embarrassment.

I feel like us Hawiye have taken too much L on here.. I think it’s best if I don’t mention his self-hating ass on this forum.

Every clan has it's neefs walaal :kanyeshrug:

SumMo

very lowkey
Every clan has it's neefs walaal :kanyeshrug:
You’re right about that.. The two example I mentioned, in both cases they where from Somaliland.

So I guess tribe is kinda irrelevant when it comes to self-hate.
:bell:

Last edited:

KREAM

You’re right about that.. The two example I mentioned, in both cases they were from Somaliland.

So I guess tribe is kinda irrelevant when it comes to self-hate.
:bell:

Yeah but I'll still give you this L tho :mjlol:

I kid.

I got into a roast battle with a Sudanese kid back in HS.
He says "Your an african booty scracher dancing round a fire !!!"
Me: But your african too:mjlol: wtf

Him: "Yea but I'm half mixed with Egyptian unlike you who's a full "

:williamswtf::wtf::faysalwtf:

He looked light skin semi Madow :mjlol:, and had a white girl fetish. :susp:

Lol this guy said Somalis don’t have curly hair because that’s an African trait and most of us have straight hair.... mind you the man is bald :lolbron:

Because of Hawiye being the least qabilist of all the qabils and a lack of participation on the cancerous FKD, they see an all out attack on hawiye and take it personally kkk.

Many aren't even told their qabiil until much later and don't know even know which regions they're from. We also suck at shit talking other qabiils (FKD) which others have mastered and thoroughly enjoy.

Some of the hawiye girls/guys have friends that brainwash them on all the bad things hawiye have done, which makes them want to separate from it. They don't really have a strong connection to qabiil anyway so it's easy for them.

Last edited:
Because of Hawiye being the least qabilist of all the qabils and a lack of participation on the cancerous FKD, they see an all out attack on hawiye and take it personally kkk.

Many aren't even told their qabiil until much later and don't know even know which regions they're from. We also suck at shit talking other qabiils (FKD) which others have mastered and thoroughly enjoy.

Some of the hawiye girls have friends that brainwash them on all the bad things hawiye have done, which makes them want to separate from it. They don't really have a strong connection to qabiil anyway so it's easy for them.

Wallahi some of this is true. Growing up my family never told me my clan, just said we’re from the capitol. Didn’t grow up hating other clans and was taught Somaliniimo to the fullest. Only till I was around other Somalis did I find out people really hate our tribe lmao which reflects the bitter attitudes of the parents really.

Status
Not open for further replies.