What is the meaning of life to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie

The last suugo bender
We spend so much time living life, yet not enough time thinking about what are we doing alive. Ponder over the meaning of life, the purpose of our existence, who is responsible for our creation and what happens when we leave. If you don't want to think about where you came from, at least think about where you are going to go when it's all over.

How come so many people think that the belief in God is something stupid? While many of the most bright scientists even believed in God:

Francis Collins: F.Collins has led a consortium of scientists to read out the 3.1 billion letters of the human genome, our own DNA instruction book. As a believer, Collins said he sees DNA as:
“the information of all living things, as God’s language, and the elegancand complexity of our own bodies and the rest of nature as a reflection of God’s plan.”

Albert Einstein, one of the most highly recognized and revered scientists of the twentieth century believed in religion. The founder of modern physics and Nobel laureate recognized the impossibility of a non-created university, quoted saying:
“Everyone who is seriously committed to the cultivation of science becomes convinced that in all the laws of the universe is manifest a spirit vastly superior to man, and to which we with our powers must feel humble.”

Even Charles Darwin believed in God, I bet it’s a big surprise for many given his contributions to evolutionary theory but the scientist did believe in God and believed there could be a relationship between faith and science, quoted saying:
“I have never denied the existence of God. I think the theory of evolution is fully compatible with faith in God. I think the greatest argument for the existence in God is the impossibility of demonstrating and understanding that the immense universe, sublime above all measure, and man were the result of chance.”

Johannes Kepler the brilliant mathematician and one of the greatest astronomers could not deny God or his power, quoted saying:
“God is great. Great is his power, infinite his wisdom. Praise him, heaven and earth, sun, moon, and stars in your own language. My Lord and my Creator. I would like to proclaim the magnificence of your works to men to the extent that my limited intelligence can understand.”

Sir Isaac Newton, the founder of classical theoretical physics is known for his genius in the world of optics, mechanics and mathematics. He is quoted saying:
“What we know is a drop, what we do not know is a vast ocean. The admirable arrangement and harmony of the universe could only have come from the plan of an omniscient and omnipotent being.”

Is our death really then end of our existence or does our soul live on forever? Are you living “YOLO” or are you living knowing one day you’ll meet your Lord?

There’s this cool video that deals with this topic very well imo. This video has over the 3.5 million views and made many people reflect on the purpose of life.

“THE MEANING OF LIFE | MUSLIM SPOKEN WORD “
I promise you that it isn’t a boring video, just press play and listen.

So what is the meaning of your life? Or is there no meaning at all? Everyone is free to answer according to his opinion/religion but please have respect for each other's views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts