What if barre accepted the soviet proposal of peace negotiations in the eve of the 1977 war?

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
What if barre accepted the soviet proposal of peace negotiations in the eve of the 1977 war?

I think Somalia would be territorially a lot larger than it is now. Civil war would be avoided and somalis wouldnt be scattered around the world.

Discuss in small groups.1

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I think civil war would have been inevitable cause that large territory requires expenses the state could not afford. Warring clans in the Ogaden would be susceptible to Ethiopian support against other tribes. What's to say that Ethiopia would not have attacked back the moment it was stable alongside Kenya which possessed the NFD.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
We wouldn't have joined the Arab League, or seen Wahabism spreading in Somalia.

I think civil war would have been inevitable cause that large territory requires expenses the state could not afford. Warring clans in the Ogaden would be susceptible to Ethiopian support against other tribes. What's to say that Ethiopia would not have attacked back the moment it was stable alongside Kenya which possessed the NFD.
We'd got financial help from the soviet like any broke Marxist country, we had their support militarily and financially anyway. But nevertheless, Somalia wouldn't get more territories sencse the peace proposal was about forming a confederation with Ethiopia, South Yemen, and Djibouti, as far as I know.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
We wouldn't have joined the Arab League, or seen Wahabism spreading in Somalia.

We'd got financial help from the soviet like any broke Marxist country, we had their support militarily and financially anyway. But nevertheless, Somalia wouldn't get more territories sencse the peace proposal was about forming a confederation with Ethiopia, South Yemen, and Djibouti, as far as I know.
Sadly Somalia would not have survived passed 1991 anyway because it relied on the Soviets which collapsed by then.

Trending