What does automation mean for Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all know, automation is coming to snatch our jobs
It is said that 1/5 jobs will be affected by automation
My question is.... what will that mean for Somalia and Africa in general? China and other asian countries developed through factory work/producing goods for the western world, but as automation is making the need for factory workers obsolete, how will Somalia develop economically?
We can’t rely on oil either because that is slowly becoming worthless.
According to this article, 75% of jobs in the developing world are susceptible to automation.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59fb2448e4b09887ad6f3df0/amp

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
If we get our act together it'll be a big boost to us.

Let's be honest. I don't really see Somalis slaving 12 hour shifts like the East Asians did to build their country.

bruv somalia is dependent on its natural resources. look at somalia now and then look at somalia once the oil and gas and minerals are extracted

My question is.... what will that mean for Somalia and Africa in general? China and other asian countries developed through factory work/producing goods for the western world, but as automation is making the need for factory workers obsolete, how will Somalia develop economically?
According to this article, 75% of jobs in the developing world are susceptible to automation.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59fb2448e4b09887ad6f3df0/amp
Why do humans do this to themselves? soon the robots will no longer need us when they become sentient. I swear the only thing that will destroy the Cadaan man is his own ego. When need to rebel against the greedy, but unfortunately many will sit back and enjoy being cucked.

Maybe the non-automated world can form its own trade blocs and trade with each other. It will take a lot of blood, sweat and tears for Somalia and other countries to become independent. After all, there are only really three sovereign states in the world today: the American Empire, Russia and China.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Maybe the non-automated world can form its own trade blocs and trade with each other. It will take a lot of blood, sweat and tears for Somalia and other countries to become independent. After all, there are only really three sovereign states in the world today: the American Empire, Russia and China.

Why not join and automate our industries?

We won't need to educate a million trained workers.

Just upload some software onto a machine and we'll be just as productive as everyone else.

We don't even need to import anything from anyone as we could produce it for a lot less with automation.

Automation will kill globalisation as it will push for more efficiencies.

What can be more efficient than producing the stuff you need within 100 miles of the end consumers?

I suspect there may a counter-reaction to total automation. People may well eventually oppose the intrusion of tech into every single sphere of life. I mean we have already surpassed 1984 by a long shot and seem to be outdoing it virtually every day.

To be honest, I don't really see much of a good future for the developing world. I believe a good future is more than possible but present trends suggest a future dystopia prevailing over most of these countries.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Automation will mean no rise in industrialization in almost all of Africa. Even countries that have come late to the game e.g India, Bangladesh, Indonesia etc ... will have a hard time growing their manufacturing sectors. East Asian style double digit growth stemming from huge productivity gains in manufacturing becomes less likely every day. Services and agriculture will be the main pathways of growth going forward, as most manufacturing reshores to North America, Western Europe, and East Asia. Even countries like India may not industrialize in the future.

https://www.ft.com/content/9f146ab6-621c-11e7-91a7-502f7ee26895

Why not join and automate our industries?

We won't need to educate a million trained workers.

Just upload some software onto a machine and we'll be just as productive as everyone else.

We don't even need to import anything from anyone as we could produce it for a lot less with automation.

Automation will kill globalisation as it will push for more efficiencies.

What can be more efficient than producing the stuff you need within 100 miles of the end consumers?
Then what pay everyone benefits like iceland, difference is they are rich enough thanks to the majority of the population working.We would still need to have unemployment at 4% to earn personal income tax and to increase our GDP.

Some people think it’s a big hype. The cost of these machines plus any repairs is too much.

It just won’t happen.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Then what pay everyone benefits like iceland, difference is they are rich enough thanks to the majority of the population working.We would still need to have unemployment at 4% to earn personal income tax and to increase our GDP.

I'm not an economist but income in an automated world is something no one has figured out yet.

The best temporary solution I could think of is that we should increase our economy by increasing our consumption.

Automation will allow us to live and eat like Americans do.

Create a ton of pseudo jobs in the services economy (mainly leisure and entertainment) and overpay everyone.

With automation and cheap energy; costs doesnt matter as much.

Main problem of that period would be how to keep everyone occupied and happy.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Your question is more ridiculous than my answer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending