What Do U Know About Antiques?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I want some advice from people who know about antiques trade and how an item is 'valued' so your not being ripped off? I don't want 'current re-sale valuations' as this isn't my objective, it's apart of my long term portfolio to stock these and have my descendants 'sell' it when it's 'old' and 'unique' in the market. Not even my 'kids' or their kids but 'maybe' after that generation.

My requirement is it needs to be 'old' and 'minimal' in the market, im preferring a 'diverse' strategy across continents and countries, as I don't know where the world will be in terms of super powers and world order when they have 'aged', Every super power culture wants something from their 'past' so that's why it's important to me the diversity option.

Iran-Iraq-Egypt-Ethio-Mali-Sudan items will be preferred antique area. Southern parts of africa, western will also consider something if the continent goes that way. Asia is big one also. The west also and South America.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is the only thing I 'scout' when 'travelling' and always keeping my 'eyes' open around where the 'antiques' are. I wud prefer a quality method over 'quantity' junk, for example 5-10 items that will be very high value in the future due to it's 'absence', especially for that 'culture' in the event the world 100-200 years switches towards there for some unforeseeable event today.

Change is the only 'rule' that is seen repeatable in the world, things will change after we die or our kids die, the world won't be like we knew it forever. South america my eyes r set on 'chile' and 'venezuela', chile due to the 'large lithium reserves' only after i calculate if 'lithium' reserves n prices and their 'production quota' will turn it a saudi arabia.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I could've inherited some 'zanzibari' coins in copper-silver-gold from my maternal awoowe his awoowe kept when 'sultan barqash' was ruling the south untill it was burnt down due to darawish, plus I've seen how antiques work with 'cars' or any item once it has 'aged'. It's not something to sell but 'store' and let it's value 'rise' for ur descendants.

I don't mind if the 'item' is halal or haram either, as my objective is long-term 'wealth' storage for my descendants, plus I will 'leave' a will about what the plan is and when to 'tap into it' and the conditions that need to be 'present' globally to maximize 'returns'.

Syria-Iraq are definitely some areas I will be going to find out who has 'ancient' things, i don't care if it's christian-jewish-muslim or pre abrahamic(prefer pre abrahamic)

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN
Not a lick, I am afraid; if in the UK, Antiques RoadShow is a good BBC programme, which I found of interest, and value.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj2y

I want to diversify not just collect one culture history as the buying power of that culture may change in the future, right now the west looks promising 4 100 years, no-one knows where the world will be after that, so that's why different culture portfolio is important to me.