What business can i open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What business can i start in somaliland with a loan of 10,000- 20,000 from my father? give me some ideas sspot.

That's a small amount but it's still a start, u need to tell what u expect back on that money. 20k down wat do u want in 6 months 40k or do u prefer 60k over 12 months. U get less in 6 months but u cost to live is less also then 60k where u cost to live is more and eats into your margins and thats if u dont have existing debt like mortgage and stuff.

State the time period and what u want back and it looks like ur gonna have to go into a small business that is operating already and provide cash flow if they need it and dont want to go the bank and keep paying back high rates on interest and coping all the costs themselves. Since u didnt say the business im assuming u just want to invest and investing isnt about the business sxb, it's about the returns only. U could be investing a gay club if the return meets ur rules that u set and u can see it happening and it's predictable with all the various factors involved in environment

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
U really need to work out what ur debts, cost of living are. Then work out how much u need your end goal to be. If it is 2 million u need to work it out the path and how much growth will be needed in each investment step and when to pull out is critical not pulling out the last moment but when u see it's not meeting your rule anymore, the second it's not and it's not changing, u go and run especially if u cant see any predictable changes to occur to change it.

Cost of living, your debt, growth, time critical factors and need to be balanced against that when u read figures. Then u need more blanket of protection, u need to look at the market and actually see this isn't just another store on the street or it's the only store on the street or whatever it's providing, if its in big inflated market space with competitors it comes down to the CEO and his past and u can study that if he just got there by office politics and friends or making money.

U need to know the costs to operate inside, everything and what his plans are to cut it as much as possible, plus his plans on the market place and consumers and how he gonna steal them from competitors, anything is allowed here, its ur money and dont play by the rules if u dont have too.

If u hear him just say we rely on advertising campaigns lol or doing things everyone else is doing, run immediately. How many advertisements do u really read that make u buy, ppl automatically switch off when they see that crap. If his talking to u about how to find out the process that is making the other company get customers or if its a person or if its resource or time they need to find out. His gotta scan his own business and see where to change.

I wud wanna hear from him whoever owns it, key words. If he says we want the best staff, i want him to know how to identify where the best staff are in a company regardless the company or what they do and just copy the technique into his organisation so he gets that. If he says i want to run the cheapest but sell the highest, go and see who does that the best and its result. U start combining techniques into one big value hit for your company.

Its weird but don't go with the standard spew and charts and stuff. The market is real and u can see it yourself with your eyes. If he has a business that deals with women, I want his ass making sure he puts in a kids facility or something where the kids force their parents to go there. I wanna hear real things that I know work. It also depends on the town country culture. Its so many factors u will be here all day, u are not going to open art gallery in say alabama lol but wud u buy land there it depends on the purpose, if its for churches and renting out steak houses and stuff maybe I wud.

I wouldnt invest a cent untill I actually walk among that sector myself and get the vibe and see how I respond and imagine how someone differnet would. U really need to know the people your targetting if u dont know them and how they think and operate, u cant know how to respond. I would say for example somalia u wud want to go into mechanic or technical stuff or hands on things, they hate doing hands on things so u wont worry competition as its empty and all yours lol and the customers need it cause its so fuckin hot over there they need a car to get around.

The worst investment in my book is those were there are many competitors like coke, pepsi, so many soft drinks to choose from, your now fighting for scraps in the market. But your right go to a poor country, it's like a gold mine with noone there or competitors. U just need to ensure once u have millions u focus on things u can take from there to big spending consumer base overseas. Its cheap to operate there and ur selling high back in high spenders market. So if u want easy business definitely poor country export to rich country. But u can still make money in the high spender you just need to be a bit more shrewd about it as its tough. Shrewd i mean by looking for gaps because thats all u can do in this market is look gaps cuz its a full fuckin house.

Last edited:
That's a small amount but it's still a start, u need to tell what u expect back on that money. 20k down wat do u want in 6 months 40k or do u prefer 60k over 12 months. U get less in 6 months but u cost to live is less also then 60k where u cost to live is more and eats into your margins and thats if u dont have existing debt like mortgage and stuff.

State the time period and what u want back and it looks like ur gonna have to go into a small business that is operating already and provide cash flow if they need it and dont want to go the bank and keep paying back high rates on interest and coping all the costs themselves. Since u didnt say the business im assuming u just want to invest and investing isnt about the business sxb, it's about the returns only. U could be investing a gay club if the return meets ur rules that u set and u can see it happening and it's predictable with all the various factors involved in environment
Thanks for the answer. I am a young man wanting to start a small business to start off with and have no debts whatsoever. Costs of living are no problem for me as i can stay in my parents house rent free. Also the original intent of the question was to inquire about what type of businesses can be opened back home with only 20k to invest and perhaps even a loan if that's not enough?

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
There's a huge demand for aggregate construction materials.

Everything in Somalia/SL is overpriced.

If you can either import it or mine it locally you won't run out of demand anytime soon.

Pay some locals $5/day to break down rocks or buy some equipment from China for 10k that does it cheaper.

You could make your money back within 3 months and grow if you expand to other related products and services (import cement and sell them together).

Finding sand might be an issue though as it's mostly exported out the country already.

Status
Not open for further replies.