What are your views on apostasy in Islam?

I was discussing this with my friends recently and the type of answer I got seemed to depend on who I asked. What are your views on those who were born Muslim but lose their faith along the way and no longer identify or relate to the religion? What is the Islamic reaction?

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
I am against it because I was a non muslim for 2 years. Had apostasy laws been applied in my case. I would have went hell.😂

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
I am against it because I was a non muslim for 2 years. Had apostasy laws been applied in my case. I would have went hell.😂
Tbh if you was living in sharia nation you would be counselled first and any doubts/questions you had about the religion would be taken up to sheikhs who would most likely answer your doubts.

Vigilantism is haram.

Internet Nomad

VIP
I believe that if someone abandons Islam, they should not be killed. However, I believe that apostasy laws should only apply to those who attempt to drive others away from Islam. This is the only ethical position a Muslim can take. A person who pulls other Muslims away from Islam is putting them on a path to eternal damnation, hence it is a heinous crime. However, if a person wishes to quit the deen while being told about the afterlife implications, it is their problem on yamul qiyamah.

Garaad diinle

 
Why would you care it's not like you'll be carrying out the sentence. The ruling is clear and not up for interpretation. It's not a matter of opinion let these with knowledge discuss this unless you too wanna became a calim.

Hamzza

VIP
I believe that if someone abandons Islam, they should not be killed. However, I believe that apostasy laws should only apply to those who attempt to drive others away from Islam. This is the only ethical position a Muslim can take. A person who pulls other Muslims away from Islam is putting them on a path to eternal damnation, hence it is a heinous crime. However, if a person wishes to quit the deen while being told about the afterlife implications, it is their problem on yamul qiyamah.
I was thinking you were one of the better Muslims on this site with strong Iimaan. What is this?

من زعم أن حكماً من أحكام اللَّه التي أتَتْ بها الأنبياءُ عليهم
السلام باطل فهو كافر​

Whoever claims that a ruling of the rulings of Allah that the prophets AS brought, is invalid or inappropriate, is an unbeliever.

Internet Nomad

VIP
I was thinking you were one of the better Muslims on this site with strong Iimaan. What is this?
I accept the apptasy law for people who try and drive islam away from people hearts. Or even traitors to the nation.

However i still think there is a on-going debate about the average lay-man who leaves islam.

Because why would Allah say this if people was being killed for not choosing
Let there be no compulsion in religion, for the truth stands out clearly from falsehood. So whoever renounces false gods and believes in God has certainly grasped the firmest, unfailing hand-hold. And God is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.

Either way I still believe in the sharia ruling as the beat ruling. I just am a little confused on this topic.

Hamzza

VIP
I accept the apptasy law for people who try and drive islam away from people hearts. Or even traitors to the nation.

However i still think there is a on-going debate about the average lay-man who leaves islam.

Because why would Allah say this if people was being killed for not choosing

Either way I still believe in the sharia ruling as the beat ruling. I just am a little confused on this topic.
Bro, the ayah لا إكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ is talking about the original Kafir who never entered Islam, of course, they will not be killed for being Gaal. As for the Murtads, the ayah doesn't concern them at all.

There is no debate about the killing of the Murtad. All Muslim ulema past and present agree on the hukm of the apostates. Only some modernist deviants who take the Ayah you shared out of context or Quranists argue about it, but their opinion is irrelevant to us Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamah.

Trending

Latest posts