What are the biggest issues facing Somalis?

Lets address all of our issues, whether it be political, cultural, environmental etc. The first step in solving our problems is addressing the issues

Last edited:
We got so many dead rivers on the Somali peninsula we could bring back to life but somalis are fighting over water wells in the 21st century. :noneck:
1615393266035.jpeg

Attachments

• 1615393163373.jpeg
    1615393163373.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 31

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
  • Lack of Personal Responsibilities.
  • Lack of self improvements. Cater to base insticts
  • Lack of empathy for your neighbors.
  • Selfish
  • Screwed by abuse of Culture norms & misinterpretation of religion
  • non hard worker. Criminal mentality of get rich fast

Remedy to fix all these problems?

A correct practice of Islam religion. Not the fake one mistaken for Somali Culture or Arab Culture

Anisah The Serpent

☼ The sun is alone but it still shines ☼
Also the modern clothes MUST be stopped. I can no longer let this slide.. too many sissy's. :diddyass:
Pin on Mens Fashion Casual

(their luugo basto makes this 3x worse)

Last edited:
Endemic corruption and misinterpretation of Islam are the base issues. All the problems are directly or indirectly related to these two

Laziness and disorganization. Even I can attest to these problems.
What do you think caused these problems? I personally believe the excessive consumption of khat plays a role in this
We got so many dead rivers on the Somali peninsula we could bring back to life but somalis are fighting over water wells in the 21st century. :noneck:
View attachment 174308
Unfortunately a lot of us are shortsided unable to look at the bigger picture past tribal lines, I am curious as to how we would be able to rejuvenate these seasonal rivers and use them to our advantage.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Lack of open mindedness (or is it creativity?) everyone is expected to be the same, act a certain way. Anything outside of this is not appreciated. Even when it comes to business ventures everyone deals with the same merchandise, same everything, the next establishment will literally have the same products. Not trying to be rude btw, it’s just something I noticed.

What do you think caused these problems? I personally believe the excessive consumption of khat plays a role in this
Personally, I think it's the lack of motivation. A century ago, when our future was bright, many Somalis took the initiative to make a change and better our future. Right now, though, it is not looking good, lol.

You have to remember that Somalis just came from a hellish civil-war. I don't think there has been a country that witnessed a civil-war more deadlier than Somalia (in recent history). We need to show them hope, imo. If you told Somalis right now that Somalia would become a first world country instantly, with the exception that they drop qabiilayad, they would do it in a heart-beat.

Unfortunately a lot of us are shortsided unable to look at the bigger picture past tribal lines, I am curious as to how we would be able to rejuvenate these seasonal rivers and use them to our advantage.
I don’t know the exact logistics but it can be done. . If china can regreen an area that is bigger than Somalia then what’s stopping Somalis doing the same.
Increase the Jubba and Shebelle river water flow.

Turn the Togdheer to a longer lasting water body, creating cultivable land in the nugaal valley

Allowing terrace farming in the gulf of Aden and Daroor valley

Lakes in Galgudug feed from ogaden basin rivers. Lakes in central Sanaag feeding the Togdheer ,and Daroor rivers, making a lot of money for tourist destination that can rival the Maasai Maraand and Mombasa at the same time, since it's a natrue reserve for animals and has a beach and marine life.

Rivers can beautify cities too, making Hargesia, Burco and Garowe into mini londons with rivers cutting through forests. :banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:

Alluring

Sayonara
I would say from a culture stand point, the lack of individuality/herd mentality is a plague. Asha had a 30k wedding so now Sumaya needs a 50k one even though she & her husband can't afford it. Abdi 1 has 10 kids and 3 wives, so Abdi 2 needs 12 and 4 wives even though his previous 10 are in poverty. Somalis malls all sell the same cheap products, and own the same unclean dugsis. Somali children all copy one another and you have so many talented children wasting their youth by copying their friends.

It's almost as if this copy-cat culture is ingrained in our society. Not only is everyone the same, everyone is copying the same cheap mannerisms.

Personally, I think it's the lack of motivation. A century ago, when our future was bright, many Somalis took the initiative to make a change and better our future. Right now, though, it is not looking good, lol.

You have to remember that Somalis just came from a hellish civil-war. I don't think there has been a country that witnessed a civil-war more deadlier than Somalia (in recent history). We need to show them hope, imo. If you told Somalis right now that Somalia would become a first world country instantly, with the exception that they drop qabiilayad, they would do it in a heart-beat.
I could see how circumstances Somalis back home faced in the past and present could make them feel unmotivated, do you have any other examples of reasons for having hope?

Trending