What’s your opinion on Nikkah/Weddings?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The reason I made this thread was to discuss about Nikkahs and Weddings, especially how common and rapidly popular they are nowadays.

This pandemic alone, many people I seen on social media and even know personally have all gotten married. Which is great, mashallah, but it’s like they are rushing to get married. And that’s just confusing on my end. It’s like the norm to get married when your graduated from high school now.

I understand love is love, but it’s also not something to take for granted. I am not trying to sound like a hater or a jealous person, I’m not, but I just want to hear out other peoples takes on this. Already some guy I knew for two months asked me if he wants to do a Nikkah, and it’s like I know getting married younger is good but not this soon and fast. I also feel like once you get married your not allowed to live out your life because after getting married than comes kids and then grandkids and so forth, just my personal opinion.

Even these young people (18-22) getting married now aren’t even financially stable. I see countless videos on YouTube of girls who got divorced, and I am like is that the reason? Because most people I know just are in university and getting married and I just feel like marriage would be a joke if your both struggling on ends.

That’s just my personal opinion and take on this topic. I don’t mean to offend anyone that has gotten married young, or planning onto, but I just wanted to hear peoples thoughts and let them hear mines.

1618246720447.png

Westerners get married when they’re over 30 years old yet have a divorce rate that is 50 %. So there is no point acting as if marrying later is better when the statistics are against you.

Somalis back home and here also havr very high divorce rates despite marrying young.

At this rate, all age groups are getting a divorce. Your best bet is to make sure you proper vet, make dua, put your trust in Allah and try to be the best spouse possible.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Having a wedding whether it’s big or small is important it’s your day you should celebrate it just like you celebrate when you have a birthday, graduate from a school or a uni etc you can’t compare it to travelling because people travel all the time it’s not a big deal but having one day on the calendar to celebrate your marriage is beautiful even poor people do it. I don’t know what’s the issue. You can have a wedding outside in a park, in a beach even on a beautiful backyard it’s not a must to have it in a rented hall.

Trending