What’s the point of independence day?

Am I the only one who’s cringing whenever I see Somalis celebrate this useless day? I’m on twitter and the Somali flag is being spammed all over my TL. I’m not a self hater, it’s just how I view it.

Somalia for most of it’s existence has been a disastrous shithole which barely contributed much to the world if we’re being honest.

From 1969-1991, we have been under brutal dictatorship of a shaytan who used a powerful military to kill other tribes and instigated clans against one another.

From 1991-present, Somalia collapsed and remains a failed state today, divided and weak without any functioning army or economy. It’s controlled by Amisom, Kenya, Ethiopia and a load of other countries along with the terrorist group Al-Shabaab. It’s one of the most corrupt countries in the world, instead of fixing our issue and looking at the bigger issue, Somalis would compete against other clans and destroy each other.

Seriously? I don’t see the point in celebrating this day. Somalia is an embarrassment to the world and addressing our issues is more important.

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
independence day is for the colonizer, just forgot about the whole colonizer thing and deny it simple no need to remind us every year f tiresome we not madows, ethio are smart they deny all the colonizer sh@t and don't celebrate it

Last edited:
independence day is for the colonizer, just forgot about the whole colonizer thing and deny it simple no need to remind us every year f tiresome we not madows, ethio are smart they deny all the colonizer sh@t and don't celebrate it
What do you expect from a country were the President's place of residence is called 'Villa Somalia', sounds like a holiday home lmao.

Trending