What’s the most common haplogroup in Somalis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
E-V32. Mainly subclades under E-Z813:

I would wager based on everything I've seen in studies and commercial results that when it's all said and done 60-70% of Somali males will turnout E-Z813 like with this Galbeed sampling:

E-M35 subclades are predominant across the Horn among Cushites and Ethiosemites as you can see above. E-V32, E-V22, E-V6, E-M293... they're basically paternal markers from Neolithic Egypt that came with our Neolithic Sudanese ancestors. There are some arguably later E-M35 tack-ons probably from ancient Yemen, though. Like E-M84 which I've seen in a couple of Somali samples as well.

The second most dominant clade among Somalis is T-L208 which seems to really dominate some northwestern subtribes (Cisse, Samaroon, Habar Jeclo and Garxajis) used to seem native to us as its found all over the Horn and even in South-Cushitic descended people in Tanzania like the Iraqw but recent observations seem to imply the subclade among Somalis has an origin in South Arabia from around 2,000-3,000 years ago. Might have come with things like camel domestication then founder effected eventually in some parts of the north. We don't really know for sure. But I'd still hold out. We need more subclades like the T-L208 among Raxanweyns and other Horners. Might get some surprises.

Either way, whether it comes from ancient Levantine (Neolithic) ancestry or from Iron-Age Yemen, T-L208 is ultimately West Asian in origin as opposed to E-M35 which is native to Africa and probably originates with the "Ancient North-African" element in Iberomaurusians which looks SSA and makes them cluster like they're 40:60 SSA:Eurasian mixes. It then would have expanded into Egypt and further into Sudan where our ancestors ended up with these lineages and expanded them into the Horn.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They are all indegenous including Baantus @Grant I already said who came 1st but now they are all indigenous and I dont mind if Baantus came 1st all I know is MrT came last and I consider T to be just as indegenous as the rest

Sophisticate

Staff Member

You must be kidding. Gadabuursi and Cissa alone are numerous in the Galbeed (Djibouti and Ethiopia). I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of Issaq is T as well. :mjlol: Just because you're not one doesn't mean you have to be so salty. I and @Gadhwayne might disagree politically but he's more related to my kin paternally than you are. 10% is an egregious understatement. There are at least 200,000- 300,00 Gadabuursi in Awdal alone and 3-4 times as many in Ethiopia. Their lands are more densely populated there. And there are just as many Cissa in Ethiopia as well. I wouldn't downplay their numbers to suit a narrative. You also find T in each Issaq Tribe. Despite having spent less time in the Horn they became quite numerous. There are also many E3b lineages in the Horn.

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/
Europe used to have scientific racism will there soon be scientific qabyaalad

They will probably discriminate against people using haplogroups instead of skulls.

Attachments

• 4741zv3hv5o31.jpg
    4741zv3hv5o31.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 76
You must be kidding. Gadabuursi and Cissa alone are numerous in the Galbeed (Djibouti and Ethiopia). I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of Issaq is T as well. :mjlol: Just because you're not one doesn't mean you have to be so salty. I and @Gadhwayne might disagree politically but he's more related to my kin paternally than you are. 10% is an egregious understatement. There are at least 200,000- 300,00 Gadabuursi in Awdal alone and 3-4 times as many in Ethiopia. Their lands are more densely populated there. And there are just as many Cissa in Ethiopia as well. I wouldn't downplay their numbers to suit a narrative. You also find T in each Issaq Tribe. Despite having spent less time in the Horn Sthey became quite numerous. There are also many E3b lineages in the Horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending