What’s part of Somali history are you most proud of?

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Map of the Horn.png

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
There’s so many here’s a few:
•First of all our ancestors embracing Islam.
•Speaking our own language is a blessing many countries speak a white mans language but we kept ours alxamdulilah
•Beating the Portuguese who wanted to enslave us but they failed miserably
•Conquest of Abyssinia
•Enslaving the Madows I’m ngl :sass2:
•Being the epicentre of the spice trade
•Sending Dawah to the Maldives who embraced Islam because of Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn aka Aw Barkhadle

I know this was pre-Somali but the land of Punt was pretty cool to learn about. The Adal Sultanate too. When we drove off the Portegeuse and the British as well.

Ahmed Gurey and the conquest of Abyssinia, the Ajuran Empire defeating Oromo and Portuguese invaders, and having extensive trading networks. And lastly, being the first democracy in Africa due to the SYL (Somali Youth League) and first President of Somalia, Aden Cadde.
1590811739310.png

1590811795112.png
#
1590811841658.png

1590811719014.png

Last edited:
Excuse me it was my paternal and maternal great grandfathers who fought not my maternal grandfather or paternal grandfather, My maternal great grandfather fought in Jidbaale where 600 darwish died some of his kids where killed by english in taleex during the bombardment as well they were my maternal grandfathers half siblings, A lot of my kin died during the intense clan warfare that erupted after the darwish were deafeated and a power vacum began

Trending