What’s the 2019 percentage of people practicing FGM in somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The contention between me and my friend @VixR isn't that these things don't happen, but about the volume in the diaspora, Given that we grew up in the Somali community, could someone run a poll and please answer honestly. My dad stopped my mum to get my sister done.

Somaliland has nothing to do with why we’re at odds on this thread.

Unless I have comprehension issues, you stated MANY Somali mothers take their daughters overseas for FGM based on an anecdotal article and your friend being married to an FGM’d girl unwittingly (nevermind your age-group has women who were FGM’d as kids in Somalia. I know this for a fact, bc I know a family who’s girls were). You then called for an anonymous poll on the Western-based Somali girls on this site, implying that many on here have undergone the practice.

Why you'd use anecdote to amplify a phenomenon while at the same time admitting you don’t have the data and are operating on a hunch goes beyond reason.

You’re on roids and need to pipe tf down.

You on the other hand, are not a reliable source. This is coming from the guy who was agreeing with the imprisonment of a citizen based on his criticism of a goddamn date.

Several SLs who know the lay of the land, including women, would have to agree with you for me to believe anything you say.

Somalis are goddamn extremists either in one direction or the other, I swear to god :O27GWRK:

calm down honey its not unusual for many diasporas to argue about what they have no idea in somalia. i stand by my word and you believing or not is not my problem.Most of you come across as uninformed westerner only relying on his instincts.you all far from the truth and go crazy once the natives call out your shortcomings. stay on your high horse. guess you would love if i claim its pactised all around,stop being sensational and stay with western issues on how Beckie gained weight lately.
about the earlier thread i see you left at midway so am not goin back there.
smarteee

Last edited:
@VixR ... rich comn from ur selective picking on one statement i made cos i disagreed with the messenger on how he chooses his topics even thou later on in the same thread i admitted it was wrong to jail that guy.In ur logic that disqualifies me any further discussion on issues. nice to see 'a logic' from some smarty pants.

VixR

Veritas
@VixR ... rich comn from ur selective picking on one statement i made cos i disagreed with the messenger on how he chooses his topics even thou later on in the same thread i admitted it was wrong to jail that guy.In ur logic that disqualifies me any further discussion on issues. nice to see 'a logic' from some smarty pants.
Well, if you changed your mind, that’s great.

I gave up on the whole thread (and on you) and unwatched it when you said he deserved to be jailed. But it wasn’t just one statement. Your MO is to defend SL and Somalis at all costs and downplay every reality, and pretend life is good with your head in the clouds. You’re Aussie’s Gemini of the other extreme. That’s why you’re an unreliable source.

Well, if you changed your mind, that’s great.

I gave up on the whole thread (and on you) and unwatched it when you said he deserved to be jailed. But it wasn’t just one statement. Your MO is to defend SL and Somalis at all costs and downplay every reality, and pretend life is good with your head in the clouds. You’re Aussie’s Gemini of the other extreme. That’s why you’re an unreliable source.

i see ,you only looking for the worest imaginable about somalis,and that no improvement has taken hold since 1900. your only reliable news is sensational with little or no merits.life is getting much better for lot somalis and there r multitude of problems but you rather duel on bad news only.

I don't understand why the guys are so defensive and engaging. The issue of FGM has always been an internal female affair which is beyond the authority and influence of traditional male authority. Guys shouldn't stick their noses where it doesn't belong.

iQoSKtb.jpg

4S7JxGs.jpg

The Difficulties of Ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
Internation Institute of Social Sciences

VixR

Veritas
i see ,you only looking for the worest imaginable about somalis,and that no improvement has taken hold since 1900. your only reliable news is sensational with little or no merits.life is getting much better for lot somalis and there r multitude of problems but you rather duel on bad news only.
No...I’m really not. You just have to tell yourself the truth. Don’t paint false positive narratives and defend the indefensible. It’ll literally get you nowhere.

No...I’m really not. You just have to tell yourself the truth. Don’t paint false positive narratives and defend the indefensible. It’ll literally get you nowhere.

ok smart girl we have to listen to you from now on!:ohlord:

negativity is a fad ....

VixR

Veritas
ok smart girl we have to listen to you from now on!:ohlord:

negativity is a fad ....
I’m pretty average in intelligence. It isn’t rocket science to see what’s there and tell the truth. It’s simple, fam.

How are you a Somali and you don’t know how to swallow some bitter truths? The way I think of it: Don’t get wrapped up in your identity too much. You could’ve been born anything, so be objective. It’ll serve you better. I admit it’s not easy, but self-delusion is no security blanket either. No one does it except a remote village girl here and there is an insult to your lying capabilities and our intelligence lol.

I’m pretty average in intelligence. It isn’t rocket science to see what’s there and tell the truth. It’s simple, fam.

How are you a Somali and you don’t know how to swallow some bitter truths? The way I think of it: Don’t get wrapped up in your identity too much. You could’ve been born anything, so be objective. It’ll serve you better. I admit it’s not easy, but self-delusion is no security blanket either. No one does it except a remote village girl here and there is an insult to your lying capabilities and our intelligence lol.

everything you said is total nonesense,stop spouting fake news from ur comfort, why dont you go there and find it out urslv,,oh well you wont be honest about it by then.
BTW are you looking for some kind NGO to fund your non existant mission.
Listen i have nothing to gain from lying and still stand by my words and wont let some nonesenical SJWs play politics with issues dear to somali people.
what i find odd is how you trying to dismiss great works done by people at home.
do you know who took the biggest role in eradicating this, its the salafists which is the only thing i agree with thm. you are no hero and find some otha cause theres lot things to be done.this is a none issue. you lying to ur teeth so just shut up with your lousy words.

I don't understand why the guys are so defensive and engaging. The issue of FGM has always been an internal female affair which is beyond the authority and influence of traditional male authority. Guys shouldn't stick their noses where it doesn't belong.

iQoSKtb.jpg

4S7JxGs.jpg

The Difficulties of Ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
Internation Institute of Social Sciences

Maybe not so much now, but traditionally men would not marry women who were not circumcised as such girls were percieved as loose by men. This is why mothers were fiercely pro FGM as they were/ are afraid of the social ramifications of being uncut. It is the men that started this demand and culture and now women are preserving it because of centuries of fear and ignorance that has been forced on women, in which they in turn passed down from mother to daughter.

Maybe not so much now, but traditionally men would not marry women who were not circumcised as such girls were percieved as loose by men. This is why mothers were fiercely pro FGM as they were/ are afraid of the social ramifications of being uncut. It is the men that started this demand and culture and now women are preserving it because of centuries of fear and ignorance that has been forced on women, in which they in turn passed down from mother to daughter.
Degnerate culture somalis practice i noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending