We've all had this experience I think, while out N the elements during winter have you gotten close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
to getting frostbites?

I remember this cold as hell winter where I was severely under dressed and I was waiting for the bus and it was the closest I've came to freezing to critical point.

I ask this question because I watched a documentary last night about a group of seal hunters in the early 1900 who froze to death in Newfoundland. Out of the 120 only 30 survived.

They disembarked from their ship on a frozen lake and walked just 3 miles but because the blizzard hit them they couldn't see their ship and had to spend 2 nights at -80 Fahrenheit

I was in Ottawa last winter and I cursed the inhabitants of that place because good lord that place is cold during winter. It's the sort of cold that bites you like bees. It's the sort of cold that makes the ground hard like a solid rock. How do people survive there.

@Mohamud how do you feel about being born into a fridge (Canada).

@AbdiJohnson does cold even affect you since you're born there and know nothing better?

@Hemaal how about you?

@TekNiKo you were born on the 28th floor of the Dixon buildings, weren't you. You love winter, don't you !

Last edited:
There have been many times where it felt like I lost my toes due to the cold. Gotta be prepared for that sorta cold though. It sucks but the heat during the summer is worse than the cold in the winter I feel.

Last edited:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Why aren't people sharing their close to frostbite winter exposure

-80? :damn: That's too cold. I almost died on a -8c and that's the coldest I have ever seen, thank God because I hate winter. I hear crazy stories about people freezing to death in MN. I heard if your care dies or power goes out in the winter, you can freeze to death.

This might explain why Canadians have turned to khamri for comfort.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I dislike winter a lot. That's why I would want to just go back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending