West Africa and Niger-Congo

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Aniga waxan ahay noob for West African genetics. You see, I'm a North East African genetic nigga I know all the shit about Cushites and other Afro Asiatics. But Niger-Congo? I know f*ck all..

So that's why I made this thread, to find out.

Apollo

VIP
They basically descend from East Africans of about 60,000-30,000 years ago mixed in with some archaics and/or pygmy related natives who lived there much longer (1 million to 200 thousand years ago). The latter ones are extinct, only the Biaka still exist there.

The main outliers in West Africa are the Fulani tribe who seem to have originated in Senegal and when the Sahara became green they moved northwards, encountered proto-Berbers and mixed with them, subsequently they moved east all the way to Sudan (Fulanis even live there).

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
They basically descend from East Africans of about 60,000-30,000 years ago mixed in with some archaics and/or pygmy related natives who lived there much longer (1 million to 200 thousand years ago). The latter ones are extinct, only the Biaka still exist there.

The main outliers in West Africa are the Fulani tribe who seem to have originated in Senegal and when the Sahara became green they moved northwards, encountered proto-Berbers and mixed with them, subsequently they moved east all the way to Sudan (Fulanis even live there).
Ah so basically human + archaic. Okay at least I am Human + smarter human

Who lived in east africa 60,000 years ago? And how are e1b1b and e1b1a related?

Apollo

VIP
Who lived in east africa 60,000 years ago? And how are e1b1b and e1b1a related?

E is from East Africa. It is connected to the Out-of-Africa population (subclade CT, which is dated 68,500 years ago, also when the OOA occurred).

Briefly after the OOA some hunter-gatherers moved West and founded West Africans. Whatever lived there before is a minority element in them.

This however doesn't make them East Africans as tens of thousands of years of separate evolution occurred since then. Sort of like West vs East Eurasians.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
E is from East Africa. It is connected to the Out-of-Africa population (subclade CT, which is dated 68,500 years ago, also when the OOA occurred).

Briefly after the OOA some hunter-gatherers moved West and founded West Africans. Whatever lived there before is a minority element in them.

This however doesn't make them East Africans as tens of thousands of years of separate evolution occurred since then. Sort of like West vs East Eurasians.
Do west eurasians and east eurasians only share the OOA ancestry or are they less distant than that and share a slightly more recent common ancestry?

Very interesting, so is that when the two haplogroups formed? Right at the point of ooa?

Does that also mean that everybody else is a descendant of e1b1b?

Apollo

VIP
Very interesting, so is that when the two haplogroups formed? Right at the point of ooa?

Does that also mean that everybody else is a descendant of e1b1b?

No, it is 41,400 years old. However, paternal haplogroups do not represent full ancestry since males can have way more children than women. Their maternal haplos are collectively more divergent from East Africans overall in time frame.

Do west eurasians and east eurasians only share the OOA ancestry or are they less distant than that and share a slightly more recent common ancestry?

Indo-European, Mongol, and Tukric invasions have brought them closer together. The Neolithic Europeans were further removed from East Asians than modern Europeans.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
No, it is 41,400 years old. However, paternal haplogroups do not represent full ancestry since males can have way more children than women. Their maternal haplos are more divergent from East Africans overall in time frame.

Indo-European, Mongol, and Tukric invasion have brought them closer together. The Neolithic Europeans are further removed from East Asians than modern Europeans.
Oh I thought you were referring to ancient west eurasians (natufian type) and East Asians lol

Apollo

VIP
Oh I thought you were referring to ancient west eurasians (natufian type) and East Asians lol

I think Natufians got North African admixture. When I meant Neolithic Europeans I meant those Anatolian types. They did not have any affinity with East Eurasians besides OOA ties.

Trending

Latest posts