'We're worried you might steal something': Apple store in Melbourne ejects Somali students

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

An Apple staff member appears to have been caught on camera ejecting six black teenagers from a store over fears they "might steal something".

The technology giant has been accused of racism after the footage was posted on social media and viewed more than 330,000 times.

In the clip, a male staff member is heard saying: "These guys are just a bit worried about your presence in our store. They're just a bit worried you might steal something."

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-11-11/...aying-were-worried-you-might-steal-something/

Fucking racist bastard! I am glad the incident was captured on video and posted on the net. Imagine how many such incidents go unreported! :Sutehja:

PS: If you look the stills on the link very closely, the guy who was asking them to leave the store looks like a Greek/Italian or an Arab. Those motherfuckers could be the worst racists sometimes, despite the fact they were initially discriminated against in the Western countries where they reside now and discriminate against other brown minorities. Humans are such assholes!

Apollo

VIP
I doubt it is truly racially motivated.
They were probably noisy and didn't look like they were going to buy anything. Kinda rude to kick them out, but it probably would have happened to a group of noisy white teens as well.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I doubt it is truly racially motivated.
They were probably noisy and didn't look like they were going to buy anything. Kinda rude to kick them out, but it probably would have happened to a group of noisy white teens as well.

Agreed a group of high school
Boys spells trouble.

S

Shamis

Teenagers buy Iphones, Ipads etc so there is no reason to discriminate based on age. They seem like a polite group of kids judging by their reactions, I'm proud of them. Buy Samsung or Nokia.

S

syntax

^ lol @ Nokia. Your age is showing @Shamis

Anyways it's a good thing they aren't sipping on that koolaid. Apple has gone downhill since Steve Jobs died. Their new guy, Tim Cook, is entirely all business. No more cutting edge shit and taking care of their users. Gotta please the shareholders. Not really liking this new direction apple is headed. Just look at the new 6s. The best smartphone camera (right now) with stunning 4k shooting , yet the standard models come with only 16gb storage space with no microSD option. Thats like 2 hours of 4k video

You say it as if they're the same people :umwhat:

Walahi my ego would've kicked in though, throw some cash at them. Steal something? :pacspit:

A lot of those communities, Italians/Greeks and Arabs (especially Lebanese) live in Australia and they somehow look and talk the same (they have their own distinct Aussie accent). Unless you know them in person or you hear their names it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts